Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DaveN -

Posted the thread Missing "Connect to running target" option?.

Thread
    I'm using J-Link base to debug an ST32F413 over SWD, in the STM STCubeIDE Eclipse package. Debugging generally works great, thanks, but... Configuring the debug profile, I can't find a "Connect to running target" option as explained here:
  • riz94107 -

Posted the thread Erase a SAMD21 with security bit set?.

Thread
    Using the Jlink tools v 6.52 under MacOS, I'm scratching my head how to unlock a Microchip/Atmel ATSAMD21J18A... The "unlock" command isn't right, as it only supports other chips. I tried just "erase", and that also doesn't work. What am I missing…
  • Pieter Eggermont -

Replied to the thread LISTVIEW - different styles.

I've found a work around. I've created 3 columns in my listView, and played with the content placing negative, so I could move it to the left, outside the defined column width. should be a nice feature, to define a style class on a listview row :)
  • almost_linear -

Posted the thread High frequency interrupts accuracy and overhead.

Thread
    Hi all, I am using Systemview on a NoOS STM32L4 @80MHz, jlink arm pro, win10, atollic IDE. I have followed the "How to instrument a NoOS application with SystemView" wiki to setup my system. I would have liked to measure the ADC-DMA that is…
  • bgolab -

Replied to the thread j-link edu mini (V6.52e) - CPU could not be halted.

Hello, Thank you for your comments. It's genuine ST STEVAL-SMARTAG1 powered by CR2032, and the 1.8V was expected. I tested the connectivity on ST-LINK as well and got similar results. That's why I investigated the CR2032 and found that some of them…
  • grantch -

Posted the thread J-Link Flash S32K144EVB-Q100 Unexpected core ID.

Thread
    Hello, I recently purchased a J-Link and a S32K144EVB to start development with. When I tried to set up my J-Link Flash connection it gave me the message "Unexpected core ID." I have searched around and could not really find any information on this.…
  • Sabu -

Posted the thread SystemView in FreeRTOS not starting.

Thread
    Hi there, Since several days I'm trying to get SystemView running but it always ends up in a configASSERT() = endless loop. I suppose that this issue has to do with interrupts or a misconfigured NVIC. So far I've checked the SystemView documentation…
  • Hello. How to get the height and width of the selected page (tab) of MULTIPAGE-widget ?
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread How to make Flash Placement file..

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. How to create flash placement files and their syntax is explained in the Embedded Studio manual. You can open the manual under Help->Contents or browse it online. studio.segger.com/ Here are the corresponding sections…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread JLink Scripts.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. You can find the messages in the J-Link log file: wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file Best regards, Nino
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread J-Link edu connection to Cortex-A53.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that the Raspberry 3+ is not supported by us as a target device. As you suspected correctly you would need to initialize the device with a JLinkScript to take care of all target specific init steps that…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread j-link edu mini (V6.52e) - CPU could not be halted.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. Could you verify your setup with J-Link Commander? wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander Does a connection work here? Could you provide a screenshot of the J-Link…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread jLink Ultra+ is not programming faster than jLink plus.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. To achieve higher download speeds you can increase the interface speed. J-Link Plus only supports up to 15 MHz and J-Link Ultra+ up to 50 MHz. This should already increase the speed of the general download sequence as…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread J-Link Debugging the R5 core on the Xilinx Ultrascale+ XCZU7EV7.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. As you correctly found out the target DDR init has to be executed on such devices first so it is accessible by the debug probe. This can be done using the JLinkScript and e.g script function SetupTarget(). Please…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread ST-Link Reflash Utility for ST-LINK V3E ?.

Hello, Ok so it appears that the small size 32 pin Nucleo boards don't offer the header due to space constrictions. Nonetheless all 64 pin and higher models should come with one. We will see if we can add a guide to our Wiki explaining how to use a…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Profiling CortexM0 with Ozone.

Hello Kalle, Quote from kraiskil: “I looked into SystemView and RTT. If I understand correctly, I can get coarse-grained function execution times recorded with it, but only if I manually instrument the source code of the functions to…
  • Aaron -

Posted the thread Converted Font with Anti Aliasing Dithers to Red.

Thread
    I attempted to use the antialiasing features both for text and for lines. In both cases I saw what jhgorse indicated on his forum post, i.e. the anti aliasing dithers to red instead of from foreground color to background color. The below is the result of…
  • Pieter Eggermont -

Hi, The parameter values are updated every second .. so the left side (parameter name, text) is still the same, but the value (right side) can be different.. So I need a system in the paint, where I can check in my one column, where is my parameter…
  • LexaGb -

Hello, if it is just some kind of an event log then things are a bit easier. Indeed you can do a listview with one column and use default API functions for setting a bitmap and bk color for warning and fault messages. For messages with the parameters…
  • ppryga -

Posted the thread JLink Scripts.

Thread
    Hello! I would like to ask about JLink scripts. There is a possiblitiy to print some messages by use of JLINK_SYS_Report and JLINK_SYS_Report1 functions. When I use them in e.g. InitTarget() and run JLinkGDBServerCLExe with the script I can't see my…