Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread Overshoots observed on the Clock line.

Hi Raj, From what I understood, the VTreff line is overshooting, correct? If so, the reason for the overshoot is connected to your board design/power source and not to the J-Link. We would suggest that you revisit your board design/power source to find…
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread JLink.exe (CLI) - Efm32gg - No Popup if device is locked.

Hi, Please find information about the SDK here: segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/ And the pricing here: segger.com/purchase/pricing/jlink-related/ Do you have any further questions? Best regards, Fabian
  • aphardt -

sort of, thank you. i see your point of the approach checking if the lock is in place. the issue with the EFM32GG is that after the chip lock (write a specific register), i cannot verify because the register will simply tell me its…
  • giusloq -

Posted the thread Bitmaps saved in SDRAM.

Thread
    The application code is in the internal Flash memory of MCU (LPC1785). I need to save constant bitmap images in the external SPI Flash memory. At startup I copy the images from SPI Flash to SDRAM, so the access is much more faster. I have plenty of SDRAM…
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. There is no generic way to check if a device is secured or not due to this being very device specific. For some devices, this can be checked via a debug register, some deactivate the debug interface and cannot be accessed…
  • bart -

Posted the thread Disable button GUI_KEY_ENTER reaction.

Thread
    I'm creating a hybrid touch/key system and have the issue where, after a user has touched a button widget (hence receiving focus), pressing the Enter key repeats the function of that button, while the Enter key should always have a different function. So…
  • tipeter -

Posted the thread Ozone - J-Link EDU DWT data logger with correct timestamps.

Thread
    Hi! I'm learning embedded software development on STM32 platform. In most of my projects I usine Embedded Studio and Atollic TrueStudio (or STM32CubeIde which is its successor) software alternately. I like Embedded Studio and I would like to make the…
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread J-Link EDU Mini incorrect device target (Atmel SAML10E15A).

Hi, Thank you for the clarification. Please understand that we are instructed to make sure that the J-Link is not used in a commercial context. Since it is not in your case, everything is fine of course. When using an IDE (e.g. Atmel Studio) the target…
  • nikumbh -

Hi Fabian, Thanks for your reply. These are two different custom PCBA that we have made. The power to the MCU is generated using onboard buck regulators. Jlink is connected using a cable of about 250mm. The setup remains similar for both 1.8V and 3.3V…
  • Shuai -

Replied to the thread Ozone tracing:Cortex-M3 Instruction Trace NO data.

Add picture the TPIU register configuration: "Cortex-M Trace Reference Board" VS "My Ozone project based on Cortex-M3 MCU". My question is Whether Ozone can configure the right value to regs in ETM/TPIU component of Cortex-M3 automatically? Any why my…
  • InfinitionIT -

Replied to the thread J-Link stuck in bootloader mode, won't update.

Quote from SEGGER - Fabian: “Hi Hugo, Thank you for your inquiry. From what we can see, the J-Link seems to be defective. Could you please provide us with the serial number of this J-Link? I am asking because the the S/N you have added to your forum…
  • aphardt -

Posted the thread JLink.exe (CLI) - Efm32gg - No Popup if device is locked.

Thread
    Hi I need to be able to verify that the chip (MCU) is properly locked during production. so it basically is not this important what i do (example i could read a couple of words in flash, if i succeed, my verification would tell me that i did not lock my…
  • Shuai -

Posted the thread Ozone tracing:Cortex-M3 Instruction Trace NO data.

Thread
    Hi, I am trying to enable the ETM Tracing with Ozone on a ARM Cortex-M3 MCU. But when starting a debugging session there is no instruction data, also I can't get the half-sync 16'h7fff, I always get 32'h7fffffff when the target is halted. Can Ozone…
  • will2055 -

Replied to the thread J-Link EDU Mini incorrect device target (Atmel SAML10E15A).

Thank you Fabian, This project is purely educational. When I say working hours I'm meaning time spent sitting and working on this project. I've been 'working' on this project for well over 2 weeks, but I'm doing it either at home or on my lunch breaks…
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread Jlink Upload Hex file from MCU.

Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. There are multiple ways to achieve this. The two easiest ones are: 1. You create a J-Flash project and read back the chip. Then you can save the data file as .bin / .hex / .mot /... 2. You can use the "savebin" command of…
  • mehmetalkan -

Posted the thread Jlink Upload Hex file from MCU.

Thread
    Hello, I need to obtain hex file from MCU in cypress MCU, i,e opposite command of loadfile. Is it possible to do that process as I describe above. Any help will be appreciated.
  • Hi Fabian, Find attached the log file. Thanks. Kind regards A. forum.segger.com/index.php/Att…03af1867d2e31ce03ad0ee626
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Hi Raj, Thank you for your inquiry. Could you please provide us with a more specific explanation of your setup? How exactly do you power the MCUs? How is the J-Link connected to the MCUs? Are you using custom Hardware or an evaluation board? Best…
  • homedecaramel -

Replied to the thread Gradient's Pixels.

I just found out the answer myself. The function GUI_GetPixelIndex returns the color of an individual pixel. With that function I can read the color values of the gradient afterwards. Oriol
  • Ronald -

Replied to the thread I2C programming EEprom with Flasher ATE.

Thanks:) Is 24C512 the same as 24LC512 in terms of programming?