Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• cam -

Posted the thread Failure to program Renesas S5: CPU in reset forever/TDO always high.

Thread
    I'm trying to wake up and program a blank Renesas Synergy S5D9 using JLink. The setup should be good as I successfully connected and programmed the demo board from Renesas ("PK"). Steps taken: 1) Connected JLink to PK board. Connected as expected,…
  • (1) Embedded Studio 4.12 on Windows10, Cortex-M7 target. (2) source-code under test has calls to Cortex-M7 functions __dsb(), __isb(), __nop(). SEGGER IDE Embedded Studio 4.12 resolves these references, and creates runnable elf-file. (3) When using…
  • MatthewKyeo -

Posted the thread Dark Theme and compiler optimization level configuration.

Thread
    Hi, guys. I'm using SES 4.16a on a MacBook. I got two questions. 1. Compiler optimization level 67.222.144.123/lpcopen/v1.03/k…_project_optimization.jpg Just like Keil MDK optimization configuration, how can I configure the C compiler optimization level…
  • awneil -

Posted the thread Coverity setup with SES GCC.

Thread
    Has anyone been able to get Coverity static analysis to work with the GCC that SES ships with? I'm using coverity 2018.09 with SES 4.16, attempting to build project using NRF52.
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread static code analysier not working in SES.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. Which Embedded Studio version are you using? Do you see the same behaviour with the latest version? Could you provide an example project for reproduction and tells us what exactly you…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Ozone Target.Write() problems.

Hello, We received your inquiry via our support system as well. To make sure no information is lost between the different channels this thread will be closed now. Best regards, Nino
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Ozone and Cortex-A53 with ARMv8 architecture.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Support for 64-bit architectures will be added to Ozone with the next beta update. To stay up to date with our releases you can subscribe here: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=178,7 Best regards, Nino
  • tdl7rt -

Replied to the thread Open Flashloader + interrupts.

Hi Nino, I have found another bug. JFlash (maybe JLink as well) uses the loader incorrectly. The BlankCheck function which should be a READ operation is preceded by an Init() with argument Func=1 (i.e. Erase), either the documentation is wrong or this…
  • hiqrf3 -

Replied to the thread Dark mode on Mac and Linux.

Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. To enable dark mode go to Tools->Options->Environment->User Interface->Theme and set it to Dark. This should make whole Embedded Studio dark. Best regards, Nino ” Hi, There's no Theme…
  • Mark_C -

Posted the thread Configuration of display with ST7789V controller.

Thread
    Hello, I'm going to develop an application with emWin using an RGB display which pixel dimensions is 240 x 320 and its display controller is the Sitronix ST7789V while the data communication will be made through the 8080 parallel interface. Reading the…
  • rgrunwell -

Replied to the thread J-Link Results Output.

Hi Nino- Thanks for the reply. Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “You can enable in J-Link Commander to exit the script when running into an error by calling command exitonerror. See J-Link manual for more information. ” I was hoping for a complete capture…
  • austinglaser -

Replied to the thread RTT appears to be broken in v2.46g.

Correction: I had my telnet command wrong (telnet localhost:19021 instead of telnet localhost 19021). With the corrected command, I'm able to get RTT output for v6.46g (I mistyped this above as v2.46g). The issue with JLinkRTTClient appears to have been…
  • austinglaser -

Posted the thread RTT appears to be broken in v2.46g.

Thread
    I recently updated to jlink tools version 2.46g, and RTT from both JLinkExe and JLinkGDBServer appears not to work at all. My specs: - JLink tool version: 2.46g - OS: Linux, Ubuntu 18.04 - JLink Adapter: JLink Plus compact - Firmware: J-Link V10…
  • SEGGER - Leon -

Replied to the thread [Linux] JLinkExe RTT is slow again in latest release.

Hello maximevince, Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with our software. Could you please tell me which application exactly you are referring to? You are mentioning JLinkExe (J-Link commander) as well as RTTClient. The thread you linked to refers…
  • Nevets -

Replied to the thread GDB doesn't correctly flash mx29lv160db nor flash.

If by CFI init you mean the initialization done in Jlinkscript for the memory addresses, then I know it works because gdb can use it to look at memories and jflash can use it to flash the memories. Is there a gdbserver log somewhere to give some…
  • npredrag -

Replied to the thread J-Link BASE license.

Hello Nino, Thanks for taking away the doubts related to this. Best Regards, Predrag
  • Yes, it was very relaxing :)
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread J-Link BASE license.

Hello Predrag, Thank you for your inquiry. If you are looking to use our production tool J-Flash a J-Link Plus or higher is required. But a J-Link Base can be upgraded to a J-Link Plus via license upgrade which will enable you to use the Base in…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread J-Link Results Output.

Hello Randy, Thank you for your inquiry. Quote from rgrunwell: “Is there a way to get the information that exists on the cmd screen under J-Link to either be returned or logged? ” You can enable in J-Link Commander to exit the script when running…
  • Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. A JLinkScript can be used for something like this. You can use the MEM_API calls for this e.g. JLINK_MEM_WriteU32 More information can be found in the J-Link user manual Um08001. Examples of JLinkScripts can be found…