Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tahir -

Wrote a comment on sfabian’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Hi Fabian. Ich hatte das Problem auch mit " is low on memory". Also ich konnte auch nur die erste Debug-Session ausführen, aber dann nicht mehr. Kannst du mir vielleicht mitteilen, wie du das Problem mit Pylink gelöst hast, also welche Befehle…
  • I'm using mbed and the segger_rtt target code from os.mbed.com/users/GlimwormBeac…TT__printf_8c_source.html I have a bootloader and a main application and both use RTT for debug information. Unfortunately the RTT control block is at a different address…
  • neilm -

Replied to the thread Simple usability improvements for RTT viewer.

Thanks Nino. Yes, I'm aware of the SDK but paying 800Euro for the privilege of improving your tools seems a little steep. Of course, you're free to choose your own business model but charging for the SDK is a bit of a disincentive to people like myself…
  • JeanRimbaud -

Replied to the thread JLink Commander Loadbin not loading bin.

Thanks Nino! I'm glad I'm not crazy :) I used the address you suggested, and it worked a treat! (BTW, I deleted my bin from my previous post. There's nothing proprietary in it, but we'd rather not have it rattling around.) Cheers, Jean
  • Rick MI -

Replied to the thread LISTVIEW - Change Scrollbar Width.

• sohamjani -

Posted the thread Failed to open listener port 2331.

Thread
    I'm trying to use the j-LINK EDU debug probe along with a custom board built for our product. This board has a STM32L152RE Arm microcontroller and a JTAG pin out to be used with this wire I use TrueStudio IDE to build are project. It worked well for…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread JLink Commander Loadbin not loading bin.

Hello, Thank you for providing the files. We were able to reproduce the reported issue. It is related to the Flash area region of the STM32L476 device family which was not set in J-Link yet. The physical Flash for that device is at 0x08000000. Current…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Reading STM32F4 SRAM with JLink/ST-Link.

Hello Andreas, Thank you for providing the log file. I assume this log is from a Keil MDK session? According to the log memory reads to address space around 0x02010100 is constantly failing. That does not look like a valid memory area of the STM32F4…
  • nik94 -

Posted the thread Problems programming SAMD51.

Thread
    Hej! For a new project we are using the Atmel SAM D51 MCU as our microcontroller. However, we are experiencing multiple problems when we try to connect to the controller, both via the JLink EDU Mini as well as with the SAM-ICE. - The JLlink EDU Mini…
  • Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The statement does not mention V3.40 anywhere: Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “Currenty ES does not support that feature but it is already on our ToDo list so it will be implemented in the future. A fixed date is…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Target device stops working with jlink commander script.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. We tried to reproduce the described issue with the sequence you mentioned. J-Link software used V6.32e, board: SAML21 X Plained Pro Commandscript used is attached as well as Commander…
  • wine -

Posted the thread BUG: STM32L100R8/A Secure chip results in damaged option bytes.

Thread
    Hello. I am observing strange Jflash behavior when using Secure Chip option. How to reproduce: 1. Connect to the target. 2. Perform Production Programming(erase, program, verify). 3. Check option bytes. I am using special software here. It reads option
  • melvinvandenberg -

Replied to the thread High current consumption after programming.

Well... I've found the solution: devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordi…equivalent-using-jlinkexe It is a bit of an ugly hack to switch to JTAG and use the TMS and TCK as toggle pins to initiate a reset. Is there a better way to accomplish this? EDIT: This is…
  • Bauck -

Replied to the thread SWD speed reduced for stability.

Hi Nino, Thank you for your quick answer. I tested with a tag connect cable instead and I am now able to set the speed to 25 MHz. (BTW the speed I wanted to use was 50 MHz, not 100 MHz, I just mixed up with the max SWO speed). I does look like the…
  • bastl -

Posted the thread Using GUI_KEY_DELETE or GUI_KEY_BACKSPACE in EDIT Field.

Thread
    Hi, I have a problem in EDIT-field used in decimal mode (EDIT_SetDecMode). In this mode the function GUI_StoreKeyMsg(GUI_KEY_BACKSPACE, 1) followed by GUI_StoreKeyMsg(GUI_KEY_BACKSPACE, 0) obviously have no effect to the edit-field. I made sure the…
  • melvinvandenberg -

Replied to the thread High current consumption after programming.

Hi Nino, Thank you for your response. We're using the following setup: - Mac OS high sierra - J-Link Software and Documentation Pack v6.32f (also tried v6.32) Tested on the following programmers: Firmware: J-Link OB-SAM3U128-V2-NordicSemi compiled Jan…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Failed to detect the SPI flash.

Hello, As I wrote earlier, indirect mode is not yet implemented for the iMX6S5 device series. In the Wiki article I linked you you can find a Link to our open flash loader interface: wiki.segger.com/Adding_Support_for_New_Devices With the open flash…
  • jev -

Replied to the thread What is the realtime impact of RTT on the target?.

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, no, I don't use any WFI and disabled power management (no sleep modes therefore). It's weird then that reducing SWD speed to low speed or disabling RTT makes things work correctly. I mean, the debugger still…
  • ulrich.sorensen -

Posted the thread SystemView on STM32F779 not connecting with SWD but only JTAG.

Thread
    Hi, I am running a SystemView patched FreeRTOS 10 on the STM32F779-EVAL board using the J-Link Plus and Eclipse to debug. My problem is that SystemView is connecting rather irregularly and cannot be started with SWD interface. Let me try to…
  • Minh Nguyen -

Replied to the thread Failed to detect the SPI flash.

Hi Nino, Thanks for your reply. My connection is indirect, so follow the link, the JLink SPI can not use. However when I use the J-Flash, in the Project Settings/Flash, there is no SPI flash devices as I used. If I choose "Automatically detect flash…