Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• awneil -

Replied to the thread Remember which J-Link to use?.

Thanks - I'll try it out. This is not something that should be in the Project - it should be a User setting. Thinking about it, it probably shouldn't be remembered across sessions ...
  • rjl -

Replied to the thread How to import a source tree into an existing project.

Quote from awneil: “You must have missed something! My SES Projects have source files spread over a folder tree in the filesystem. When you create a New Folder in the 'Project Explorer', there is a 'Recurse into subdirectories' option - have you tried…
  • dsula -

Replied to the thread can't connect to Syntacore SCR1.

With the latest version SCR1 together with the v6.44e of the j-link software the communication works.
  • jev -

Replied to the thread Remember which J-Link to use?.

Project Options, Debug > J-Link. At "Host Connection" you can choose "USB" and add the serial number of your J-Link (see the defines in the bottom of the dialog). Disclaimer: I did not check if it works but it seems as if it should.…
  • awneil -

Posted the thread Give "friendly" names to JLinks?.

Thread
    Is there a way to associate a meaningful, human-readable name with a J-Link? Using huge, long serial numbers is really not a great way of working! forum.segger.com/index.php/Att…2a1ce5b84f4c46de7d89e8cef
  • zainka -

Thank you, much appreciated,, that did it... well... almost. No, I did not realize that "New folder..." was an option to include existing folders. However, not that it matters toooooo much, I see no reason for why one need to have an virtual project…
  • awneil -

Quote from zainka: “SES ... was making a copy of the files in the project root ” You must have missed something! My SES Projects have source files spread over a folder tree in the filesystem. When you create a New Folder in the 'Project Explorer',…
  • zainka -

I have this question too, I have large projects where I have been using code::blocks. Since there are no C::B import module, importing blocks of files is a pure necessary for me to be able to switch to SES. I tried on a smaller project to import files…
  • awneil -

Replied to the thread Connect STLInk to jtrace connector.

Is it a real STLink, or a cheap Chinese clone (eg, looks like a USB stick) ? The real STLink has a standard ARM 20-pin connector... Note that you can't do updates via Trace
  • awneil -

Replied to the thread Best way to send a binary file with RTT to the MCU?.

• awneil -

Posted the thread Remember which J-Link to use?.

Thread
    Is there a way to have SES remember which JLink to use - at least until the IDE is closed? Currently, if >1 JLink is connected, you have to choose which one every single time you start a debug session, or do a download.
  • rjl -

Posted the thread How to import a source tree into an existing project.

Thread
    How do I import an entire source tree into an existing project? If I've got say 200 files arranged in a deep directory tree structure that I want to include in the source of a project, how, besides adding each of them, do I get that directory tree added…
  • jev -

Replied to the thread Dependencies not honored.

Hi, Yes, the header filename does not change, it's always the same. Dynamic or static virtual folders? How do I check that? I did notice that sometimes SES complains it cannot remove the project.dep file (where project is the project's name). It does…
  • SEGGER - Yan -

Replied to the thread embUSB-Host with STM32F407VET6 example working good! (Keyboard).

In that project the RCC settings are done inside the SystemInit() function in the system_stm32f7xx.c file. The RCC settings for the USB controllers are done in the function _InitUSBHw() of the respective config file…
  • TimF -

Posted the thread Best way to send a binary file with RTT to the MCU?.

Thread
    Hello, I'm already able to communicate with RTT between my PC and my MCU (nRF52840). Now I'd like to transfer a whole binary file, but so far I did not find any way to do it. What I tried is: - Drag & drop the file to the RTTViewer window => Not…
  • SEGGER - Schoenen -

Replied to the thread LISTVIEW_SetRBorder and LISTVIEW_SetLBorder don't work..

Hi, yes, this is possible. Unfortunately this is not documented but you could do something like this: C Source Code (84 lines)Regards, Sven
  • PiotrS -

... and is there any way of changing the colour of that black frame? I see that listviews are not skinable.
  • PiotrS -

Thank you, Sven. That did the trick :). I should have been more specific in the description of my problem.
  • Thanks for informing
  • SEGGER - Schoenen -

Hi, I'm not entirely sure about which line you mean. In the example above you have set the effect of the LISTVIEW to none, try if it is better when commenting the line: C Source Code (1 line) Regards, Sven