Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• plainSpeak -

Posted the thread How to debug app with interrupts on Cortex M0 with JLink and SES.

Thread
    Using Segger Embedded Studio what is the best practice for configuring the debugger for an app with interrupts(PWM for NRF51822)? For example: - are there any files that should be added to the project that assist debugging? - is it possible/useful to…
  • bar -

Posted the thread Can't find includes.

Thread
    I take a nordic example made in SES and import it to other example also done on SES. To make it work I take the all includes files and place them in the right order, next to the main example where for the path I use Edit_options-> Preprocessor->User…
  • bar -

Replied to the thread How to import example in Nordic folder to mbOS environment.

O.K. Thanks and done. Please let me know when there will be example include Nordic ex in embOS. Bar.
  • SEGGER - Martin -

Replied to the thread How to import example in Nordic folder to mbOS environment.

Hello bar, Quote from bar: “1.In my embOS I fond this file RTOSInit_nRF5x.c Is this is the right one? ” Yes, that's the right one. Quote from bar: “2. for the _WFI I found this function void OS_Idle(void) { // Idle loop: No task is ready to…
  • bar -

THanks Martin. 1.In my embOS I fond this file RTOSInit_nRF5x.c Is this is the right one? 2. for the _WFI I found this function void OS_Idle(void) { // Idle loop: No task is ready to execute while (1) { // Nothing to do ... wait for…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread NXP_IMXRT102x_QSPI.elf bug?.

Hello Kevin, Thank you for your report. This sounds like the iMXRT bootloader reprograms some crucial setting that is needed for the Flash loader to work. We will see if the issue is reproducible and act accordingly. Best regards, Nino
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread TMS570LS0432/JLink EDU: IDCODE mismatch.

Hello, Does your custom board have the onboard debugger as well? If so make sure it is disabled so there is no interference between internal and external probe. Quote from tpmeier: “It's worth noting that when trying to connect to the my custom…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Problems with GCC linker.

Hello, When adding external libraries to ES we recommend doing so via project options and not CL. To do so simply edit project option "Additional Input files". Best regards, Nino
  • Sue -

Replied to the thread Plotting graphs.

Good morning Sven, I thank you for your helpful reply. So, your explication confirms my understanding about the super loop and also the several C files generated by CubeMX and GUI Builder. Using CubeMX 5.0.1 and GUI Builder to start a project, there…
  • SEGGER - Schoenen -

Replied to the thread GUI_ExecCreatedDialog from Dialog callback.

Hi, GUI_ExecCreatedDialog() is a blocking function. Although, you can call it from a notification message I would recommend to use the non blocking vartiant GUI_ExecDialogBox(). Regards, Sven
  • MartinK -

Posted the thread GUI_ExecCreatedDialog from Dialog callback.

Thread
    Hi, Is it possible to call GUI_ExecCreatedDialog from a notification message inside a dialog callback function? Thanks Martin
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Scripting Trace for test automation.

Hello, Quote from JBE: “I would like to script the automation of my test too. I need to log in a file the SWO output. ” SWO tracing is currently not supported by Ozone and we have no pripority for that feature in SWO at the moment. Currently only…
  • jev -

Replied to the thread Porting an IAR EW for ARM project to SES.

Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “If I now go to my project settings ” At that exact point you start "hiding" the setting in a vendor-specific way because one needs the IDE installed and up and running to see it. I can't see the definition in the…
  • JBE -

Replied to the thread Scripting Trace for test automation.

Hello, I would like to script the automation of my test too. I need to log in a file the SWO output. I see in this thread ([SOLVED] Ozone: SWO issues), that it was planned to get the SWO trace in your development, what is the status today? I tried…
  • SEGGER - Schoenen -

Hi, The super loop is the while loop in GRAPHICS_MainTask() you will never return from it and it calls periodically GUI_Delay(). I would replace the HAL_Delays by GUI_Delays. The two HAL Delay() will cause a pause of 2 seconds. In this pause emWin has…
  • SEGGER - Schoenen -

Replied to the thread How to draw bitmap output argb8888 from rgb888 input?.

Hi, Try to use GUI_DRAW_BMP24 instead of GUI_DRAW_BMP8888. GUI_DRAW_BMP8888 is 32bit per pixel and emWin expects one byte for alpha. [b][/b] Regards, Sven
  • Sue -

Hi Sven, I hope that you enjoyed your weekend. So, IT SIMPLY WORKS! And I am a happy guy. :) Firstly, I followed your suggestion about the timer and checked those 2 files. Activating the Systick handler had resolved this issue. Secondly, I made a…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread [Ozone] Environment variable substitution not working.

Hello, Good find! It seems that the Ozone parser for Macros was skipping underscores under certain circumstances. This should be fixed in the next verison. Sorry for any inconveniences caused. Best regards, Nino
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Porting an IAR EW for ARM project to SES.

Hello, What exactly do you mean by hiding it or to turn the question around, when would it not be hiding? For example I create a global macro called TestMacro=C:\Test. If I now go to my project settings and want to set an option that supports macro…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread emBuild usage.

Hello Ran, Thank you for your inquiry. Generally addresses for hex files do not need to be passed as hex file contain address information within themselves. However the nrfgprog utility is not our software but made by Nordic Semi so we can't comment on…