Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread Problem with multiple format arguments when using SEGGER_RTT_printf.

Hi Peter, We are not aware of any such issue. I just gave it a quick try and it works without issues on my side, using an STM32F407VE: Source Code (2 lines)Resulted in the lines: Some 123 Test 456. Some 456 Test 123. Could you please provide a working…
  • Rhine_Labs -

Posted the thread Segger Flasher Pro Support for M38039FFFP 12V Devices.

Thread
    Hello, Will Segger be able to add support for the M38039FFFP (M38xx, M3803H) 12V devices to the flasher pro? Web site says if 12V operation is needed to contact you. I will assume it will require me to make or get an adapter. I have e-mailed and also
  • hotbrix -

Posted the thread Problem with multiple format arguments when using SEGGER_RTT_printf.

Thread
    Hi I have the following: SEGGER_RTT_printf(0, "midnight_tick: last: %u, now: %u\r\n", last, now); SEGGER_RTT_printf(0, "midnight_tick: now: %u, last: %u\r\n", now, last); This prints: midnight_tick: last: 10957, now: 0 midnight_tick: now: 10957,…
  • JLangbridge -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] No function names on MacOS.

And that has indeed fixed it. The log looked like this: Source Code (6 lines) All of the files are available in the installation folder (Applications/SEGGER/SystemView/Description), but SystemView doesn't look for them in that folder. Instead, it looks…
  • SEGGER - SebastianB -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] No function names on MacOS.

Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. At first glance it seems like the description file could not be found when using MacOS. Are there any messages regarding this in the log window? In case it cannot be found the expected path should be written there, so…
  • Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. Correct, the FreeRTOS kernel does not need to be patched anymore starting with version 11. Nevertheless the project still needs to be setup correctly to work with SystemView. Please take a look at our Wiki for all…
  • Striplar -

Replied to the thread LoadFile using .hex file throws 'Error while parsing parameter <Addr>.

Ok, I've figured this out. It would appear that you can't have any spaces in the filename or path! You have to enclose the whole filename in "quotes"
  • Striplar -

Posted the thread LoadFile using .hex file throws 'Error while parsing parameter <Addr>.

Thread
    I'm trying to flash a completed project using J-Link commander instead of from inside Simplicity Studio. This is what I'm typing into J-Link Commander V7.94i device EFM32WG232F256 si swd speed 4000 connect r LoadFile C:\Users\Roger\Dropbox\Simplicity…
  • Torsten Robitzki -

Replied to the thread J-Link RTT Viewer requires Disconnect / Reconnect.

Hi Alex, well I'm not sure, if I really want to understand the inner details of your RTT implementation. According to the white paper on your website, it is basically polling some memory regions via SWD. So from technical perspective, I can not see, why…
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] See register contents as a signed integer.

Hi taydin, good to hear you can continue you work. Happy debugging! -- AlexD
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Not sure if you understood Fabian’s post… “Sinply pulling nReset” is something that can disturb a debug (and so RTT) session. Pulling the reset pin may also reset the debug interface and cause a connection loss. Even if it does not, it may cause…
  • taydin -

Thank you for the response Alex. The function is actually an assembly function that does median filter calculation. I am using a workaround now, having a calculator in front of me to get the value of the twos complement number. But your idea of using a…
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Hi taydin, Ozone does not support displaying register contents as signed integer. I will add this to the list of potential future features to be added in future. Ozone does not yet allow to display register contents in the watched data window. Adding…
  • Torsten Robitzki -

Hi Fabian, I reset the device in two situations: - While flashing new firmware, where the reset is then executed by the JTrace - By simply performing a hardware reset (pull nReset to low) In both cases, I have to do the reconnect, which is somehow…
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Hi Torsten, this depends on how you reset the device and what exactly happens when you do so. From the description I would guess that the debug interface is reset, so a reconnect is required to establish it again. As an active debug interface is a…
  • Hamish Colenso -

Replied to the thread Transition from J-Link Edu to J-Link Mini Edu.

Thanks so much for your reply Alex! The target is 3.3V luckily, so we are ok there. TRST is an issue though. Looking at the Beaglebone Black schematics, TRST, is wired to GND via a 4k7 resistor. The J-Link Edu is pulling TRST high during debugging, but…
  • taydin -

Posted the thread [SOLVED] See register contents as a signed integer.

Thread
    Is there any way to see the contents of registers as signed integers? The "display as" menu only has "Decimal" and I suppose that works out to be unsigned integer only. Or alternatively, how can I see the register content in the "Quick Watch" windows?…
  • Torsten Robitzki -

Posted the thread J-Link RTT Viewer requires Disconnect / Reconnect.

Thread
    Hello, I have a problem, porting an nRF5340 based Zephyr project from logging to an UART to logging via RTT. I have a J-Trace Pro Cortex-A/R/M connected to a Nordic nRF53. JLink Software Version 7.96c. Maybe someone here has made similar experiences and…
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Ozone V3.32a fails to connect to NXP S32K344.

Hi JulianR, great to hear you are up and running again. The next Ozone release will contain the then most recent version of the J-Link DLL, thus resolving the issue you've encountered. We will consider this topic as closed now. Best regards -- AlexD
  • JulianR -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Ozone V3.32a fails to connect to NXP S32K344.

Hello AlexD, you are right, it is definitely a problem with the JLink_x64.dll shipped with Ozone V3.32a (7.96). I replaced the DLL with version 7.94k (this version is shipped with Ozone V3.32) and that works and I also used the one from the latest J-Link…