Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MikeFlyersFan -

Posted the thread Emulate a 'DRAW' widget? (ie user freehand in a window).

Thread
    Hi All, Does anyone know the simplest way to design/emulate something like a 'paint' window? i.e. what you could probably call a 'DRAW' widget, where say you define a blank window, and you capture and display all PID inputs in that window. for…
  • hffp -

Posted the thread Flasher portable Plus with STM32F469 including external QSPI flash.

Thread
    Hello, we are using a Flasher Portable for standalone flashing of several ECUs and we encountered problems in flashing a PCB with an STM32F469 with an attached external QSPI flash. The setup is using the recommended procedure to patch the…
  • grpnr -

Posted the thread undefined symbol:end.

Thread
    Hi, I would like to use a static library cross-compiled in debian with arm-none-eabi-gcc,semihosting in segger studio and the library uses some functions in librdimon.So I added newlib to ses by project->options->linker->Additional input files. But I'm…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Disable popups from J-Link Commander.

Hello, Thank you for clarifying which pop-up. This one indeed does not have the don't show again option. But we have an internal exec command which can be used to disable this under windows. I will send you a PM explaining how. This thread will be…
  • jvuarand -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Disable popups from J-Link Commander.

Here it is: forum.segger.com/index.php/Att…3aed4eb702101ffcef0cd3320 I don't see any "do not show again" option.
  • schmalr -

Posted the thread Code Formatting from Command Line.

Thread
    Is there a way to invoke the "Edit/Format" command on a file from outside of SES? Is there a command line function (similar to emBuild) that can be used for this? I'd like to use the formatting feature on a regular basis on all the files in a solution,…
  • BramPeeters -

Replied to the thread Hardfault when calling GUI_Clear, thread related ?.

So it is as I expected. If I use the 16 bit interface I get the memdev memory area directy in the low level functions without swapping. And I can transmit the bytes in the order so that my raw images have the right colors, but then any drawing actions I…
  • MikeFlyersFan -

Posted the thread *SUCCESS* - Ported STM32H743 'IAR EWARM' project over to SES.

Thread
    Hi All, Just wanted to share this, in case anyone out there was working on an STM32H7xx (or similar) project, and was looking to switch over to SES. (I know Segger has mentioned they are still working on their IAR to SES import flow (as well as adding…
  • Pacman -

Posted the thread Call Hierarchy in SES (V4.16).

Thread
    Hi I changed from eclipse to SES. The feature I'm missing is the call hierarchy. I browsed this forum and your wiki and only found this post. Find References is a start but I expect something like this:
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread JLinkExe segfaults on Raspberry Pi (ARM).

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. If I understand you correctly you are trying to use J-Link software on ARM Linux on a Raspberry PI, is that correct? Did you install the ARM version of J-Link software (see attached picture)?
  • raykamp -

Replied to the thread Path white space causing errors in emBuild.

I certainly understand that in general it's preferred that file paths don't include spaces or special characters. In this case it's caused by Segger's choice to include spaces in path locations. So it seems there's two problems: 1. Segger's tools are
  • paulr -

Replied to the thread STM32F745VG, Missing SystemView FreeRTOS Events, Recording Error.

Hi Nino, Thanks again for looking into this. My results were having the JTAG interface speed set to 30MHz (our STM32 CPU only supports max 32.5MHz) But Windows also seems to work at lower speeds without problems -- only Linux is having the constant…
  • MikeZ -

Replied to the thread switching a bitmap between opaque and transparent - invisible.

Hi MikeFlyersFan, Much thanks for that, I will try it out tomorrow. Kind Regards MikeZ
  • Matt S -

Replied to the thread DMA frame buffer copy.

Thank you for the good example Sven. It is slightly different than the example code I started with. I believe my problems now are related to management of the DMA transfer.
  • MikeFlyersFan -

Replied to the thread switching a bitmap between opaque and transparent - invisible.

Hi Mike, Not sure if my ideas are valid or not, but figured I'd mention what I think my approach would be, a couple different possibilites: 1) Create 'Window' widgets that are the size of your BMPs, and just have the BMPs displayed with the WM_PAINT
  • gein -

Posted the thread JLinkExe segfaults on Raspberry Pi (ARM).

Thread
    In a bash script on Ubuntu x86_64, I have no problem doing: Source Code (3 lines)But on a Raspberry Pi it crashes when stdin is set to /dev/null: Source Code (27 lines)
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread TI RM57x (Cortex R5F) and RTT Background Mode.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The following application note should give you all information needed to enable continuous mode on Cortex-R: segger.com/downloads/application-notes/AN08005 Best regards, Nino
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Embedded Studio for RISC-V - additional BSPs.

Hi Res, Little update. A guide on how to create your own Embedded Studio packages can be found in the Embedded Studio manual in chapters "Package Generator" and "Package Description file format". You can use our online manual for that:
  • Mark_C -

Replied to the thread Write bitmap pixel data without Bitmap Converter.

Thank you for your hint Sven, I managed to convert a 24bpp bitmap into the internal format GUI_DRAW_BMP555 which is easier and requires less memory as well. Regards, Mark
  • Hello, This is no bug. The erase value for the STM32L151 series is 0x00 (see ST Flash manual). This is why the gap is filled with 0x00 after erase. If you want some other data there make sure your hex file contains that data. Best regards, Nino