Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• icwiener -

Replied to the thread JLinkExe v6.96 and -nogui.

But .. Eclipse would not start it with the -nogui option. The suggestion for the command-line license agreement was meant for the -nogui option only. Cheers
  • Hello Michael, I am sorry, there was an issue with the manual, please download the latest revision from here segger.com/downloads/embos/UM01014_embOS_CortexM_IAR.pdf Best regards, Til
  • btremaine -

Replied to the thread GDB Waiting for connection ....

Is there a Windows version of GDB? I see MinGW is quite old. If what is needed is a setup with GDB and GDB Server I am prepared to do that I'll just need help pointing in the right direction. I looked at GDB from GNU but if I don't have to generate the…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Because J-Link might be used in environments like Eclipse where we have zero control about where our standard output ends up and if where is any stdin at all. BR Alex
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread GDB Waiting for connection ....

What you have sent is not the output of GDB but GDBServer. GDB: GNU debugger. 3rd party command line debugger. GDB remote protocol: Generic protocol used by GDB to communicate with a GDBServer. GDBServer: Translates from GBD remote protocol to vendor…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread JTRST or NRST ?.

TRST: Test reset signal to reset the TAP controller and/or debug logic. J-Link does not really use this signal. nRESET / NRST: Reset pin of MCU. May be used on STM32 MCUs to do a connect under reset. TRST is not a replacement for NRST.
  • cwca -

Replied to the thread RP2040 Support.

Beta Release JLink_V697a, released just last Friday Feb 26th indicated in the release notes that RP2040 flash programming was supported (with a whole host of other changes as well). From everything I've tried with this Beta release Raspberry RP2040…
  • mwb1100 -

Replied to the thread How to initialize runtime multithread support with embOS 5.10 and IAR 8.5.

> What needs to be done for different IAR version in described in chapter "4.2 Thread-safe system libraries" and "4.2.2 IAR compiler V8.10 and newer" I can't find those sections in: - UM01014 - "CPU & Compiler specifics for ARM Cortex-M using IAR…
  • btremaine -

Posted the thread JTRST or NRST ?.

Thread
    I am debugging a custom board with a STM32G431C8 MCU and have the JLink connected with the 5-wire JTAG connection. My "reset" is the MCU JTRST pin not the NRST pin. Is this correct for debugging with the 5-wire Jtag?
  • btremaine -

Posted the thread GDB Waiting for connection ....

Thread
    I'm debugging custom hardware that has a ST32GM431C8 MCU and am connected using a J-Link. My connection to the hardware is the 5-wire JTAG. When running using Keil MDK5 I have a problem in which the Keil debug windows work fine until I execute a specific…
  • warlord -

Replied to the thread macro passed 1 arguments, but takes just 0.

astazu, If compiler recognizes other header files from your Config directory, then it might be something wrong with the SEGGER_RTT_Conf.h itself. You first step is to help the compiler to see this file. Backup the original and create new one with exactly…
  • hbouchard -

Replied to the thread Can't debug code link to RAM with Jlink on imxrt1064.

Just tried with Ozone and it works. Seems like SP and PC might not be set properly? How to do that for MCUXpresso because I would like to have one application for dev + debug. thanks
  • icwiener -

Hi, I know the answer to this might be "because it costs time (and thus money) and the use case is not wide-spread enough to invest in this" but I ask nevertheless. ;) Why not making a command-line license agreement? It's quite common in the Linux world…
  • astazu -

Replied to the thread macro passed 1 arguments, but takes just 0.

Hello Nino, Thanks for your time. Obviously, I understand that you cannot provide support for third party software. I also understand that the level of forum users is usually very diverse (from beginners to experts in the world of embedded software),…
  • icwiener -

Replied to the thread J-Link firmware upgrade fails every time when run from Ozone.

Hi, thanks for your explanations. I had that problem with every upgrade with one J-Link Pro v4.5. With another J-Link Pro v4.5 I only made one upgrade but that also failed on first try. With the J-Link Pro v5 the problem seems gone. Two upgrades so…
  • hbouchard -

Posted the thread Can't debug code link to RAM with Jlink on imxrt1064.

Thread
    I am using the rt1064 on a custom board (SDK version 2.9.1) and debugging using MCUXpresso IDE v11.3.0. I would like to link application to RAM but I'm not able to debug with Segger JLink Ultra+ probe. To accomplish this, I did the following: - Set up…
  • giuseppe -

Replied to the thread Ozone crashes with unexpected exception when enabling 4-pin trace.

On second thought, I don't think the crash actually occurs at the moment of the hard fault, but just a few seconds after hitting RUN. KR Giuseppe
  • giuseppe -

Posted the thread Ozone crashes with unexpected exception when enabling 4-pin trace.

Thread
    Dear friends, I am trying to debug a hard fault through Ozone, connected to our J-Trace Pro. We have full trace capabilities (4-bit) on our hardware, but when I select Trace Pins as Trace Source in the Trace Settings, Ozone crashes - apparently upon…
  • Thanks for solution. I encountered the same problem. I use gcc and set noinit "rtt" section on 0x20000000 address, before "data" section. I was looking for a solution all day. in my case when debugging from eclipse RTT viewer worked correctly. but after…
  • warlord -

Posted the thread Pixel indices conversion, STM DMA2D.

Thread
    Hello, There is a function GUI__ExpandPixelIndicesEx that takes a buffer as an argument. This buffer is being read and written simultaneously during indices conversion. The problem is when converting from U16 to U32 using STM32 DMA2D. The output data…