[SOLVED]Programming a EP7312 from Cirrus Logic with J-Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Programming a EP7312 from Cirrus Logic with J-Flash

Hi!

I try to download a bin file in a EP7312 (cirrus.com/en/pubs/manual/ep73xx_um-f.pdf for datasheet...) but I get a

Source Code

1. - ERROR: Programming failed @ 0x0 - Block Lock-Bit Detected
    2. - ERROR: Programming failed @ 0x2 - Block Lock-Bit Detected

I can connect to the target, read it, erase it,find CFI compliant device, but writing to it is not working(see log at end of the message). The EP7312 don't seems to have any protection/locking features(as far as I know!)

I also had to remove the option "Automatically unlock sectors if necessary" in global setting, this option make the J-Flash program to crash.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Following is the log :

Source Code

1. Connecting ...
    2. - Connecting via USB to J-Link device 0
    3. - J-Link firmware: V1.20 (J-Link Ultra Rev.1 compiled Sep 6 2011 16:34:45)
    4. - JTAG speed: 5 kHz (Fixed)
    5. - Initializing CPU core (Init sequence) ...
    6. - Initialized successfully
    7. - JTAG speed: 7143 kHz (Auto)
    8. - J-Link found 1 JTAG device. Core ID: 0x0F0F0F0F (ARM7)
    9. - Reading CFI info ...
    10. - CFI info read successfully
    11. - Connected successfully
    12. Programming target (32784 bytes, 1 range) ...
    13. - ERROR: Programming failed @ 0x0 - Block Lock-Bit Detected
    14. - ERROR: Programming failed @ 0x2 - Block Lock-Bit Detected
    15. - ERROR: Failed to program target
    16. Disconnecting ...
    17. - Disconnected
    Display All
  • Hi,

The EP7312 don't seems to have any protection/locking features(as far as I know!)

The EP7312 does not, but the flash itself may have one.
    Did you check the nWP pin of the flash?
    We had some customers which had this pin floating on their hardware which caused similar problems.
    Sometimes it is more worst because it works most of the time and sometimes it does not.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi again,

As I said on the first message, the option "Automatically unlock sectors if necessary" make the program J-Flash (version 4.36e) crash when it try to soft unlocking sectors.

The document UM08003_JFlashARM.pdf mention a Lock / Unlock sectors in the Target menu elements, but they are not present in my version of J-Flash (does it appear only when particular flash devices are selected?).

Is it possible to manually unlock sector using other software provided by segger (ex. j-link commander)
    or to use an older version of J0-Flash (in case the my crash problem was introduced recently)

Thanks in advance
  • Hi,

As I said on the first message, the option "Automatically unlock sectors if necessary" make the program J-Flash (version 4.36e) crash when it try to soft unlocking sectors.

Sorry, I overlooked that. Already fixed in the current version (V4.36i).

Explicit unlocking is not necessary, since J-Flash does this automatically, if necessary.

Best regards
    Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

Good to hear.
    So we consider this one here as solved.

Best regards
    Alex