[SOLVED]J-Link ver. 4.3 and flash programming of EFM32G880F128

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]J-Link ver. 4.3 and flash programming of EFM32G880F128

Hallo, perhaps somebody has similar program as me. I am using J-Link hardware V4.3 and Segger J-Link Commander V4.3g compiled Oct 27 2011. I could without problems read and write flash memory in the Stellaris EKS-LM3S8962 (Cortex M3) but I had no success in doing the same thing with the EFM32G880F128 microcontroller even if both devices were placed in the same list (J-Flash ARM V4.36g software). I am using Olimex EM32G880F128-H development board. The identification info from the microcontroller wasn’t read out correctly.
  • Hi,

Could you please be a bit more precise?
    What exact error message do you get when trying what?

So far, we are not aware of any problems with the EFM32 gecko devices.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Correct, J-Link hardware version 4 does not support SWD.
    SWD is supported since hardware version 6 of the J-Link.
    The current hardware version is 8.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.