[SOLVED]Configuring F-RAM for NXP LPC2468

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Configuring F-RAM for NXP LPC2468

Hi,
    we are using J-Link with a NXP LPC 2468. So far we have only flashed the internal chip, so there was no need for further configuration.
    Now we have added a 1 MB Ramtron F-RAM (ramtron.com/products/nonvolati…allel-product.aspx?id=116) as external flash 32-bit, and I wonder how this would have to be configured via J-Flash ARM. Here I have only found pre-configured flash with max. 16 bit, and I have no clue how to write custom RAMcode.
    Any hints or samples?

Thanks in advance, Roland
  • Hi Roland,

J-Flash is not the correct tool to write the non-volatile RAM.
    Since the non-volatile RAM behaves as normal RAM when reading from it and writing data to it,
    it should be enough in order to load a .bin file into the RAM, to start J-Link Commander and use the "loadbin" command.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for the hint, J-Link Commander with loadbin works fine! Only drawback is that I have to flash the in-chip flash first, which makes the bootstrapping and thus the F-RAM available, before I can load my data into the F-RAM.
    Of course F-RAM is not a real flash memory, but can't I tell J-Flash ARM that the NXP needs 32-bit memory bus that there is just one sector from 0x80000000 to 0x80010000? Would make things more easy to flash the firmware with one tool and one process step. :)
  • Hi Roland,

but can't I tell J-Flash ARM that the NXP needs 32-bit memory bus that there is just one sector from 0x80000000 to 0x80010000

No.
    But even if you could, this won't change the fact that 2 process steps would be needed, since the application has to run between programming the internal flash and writing the F-RAM in order to do the necessary initialization for the F-RAM.

Another possibility would be to call both, J-Flash and J-Link Commander from the command line, so both process steps are executed one after the other automatically.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.