New location for embOS project and memory initialization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New location for embOS project and memory initialization

I have made my own example-project for a microcontroller STR911FA with the embOS. I have used start project Start_STR912.eww (IAR 5.11) as a template. Now I wanted to change a position of this project and build it and run somewhere else. I see that start project is connected somehow with a files in folder GenOSSrc. These files are not included in Start_STR912 IAR Workspace and in the configuration window of this project also and I see no connection with the folder. How are they included in the project ? Second question is, where can I find(files) a C-code with the stack pointer initialization for each ARM mode, FLASH/RAM initialization, exception and IRQ vectors initialization(usuually located at the beginning of FLASH ROM)? In standard ST projects this is placed in file 91x_init.s and 91x_vect.s. If I wanted to change something, I need these files.
  • "I see that start project is connected somehow with a files in folder GenOSSrc. These files are not included in Start_STR912 IAR Workspace
    and in the configuration window of this project also and I see no
    connection with the folder. How are they included in the project ?"

Where do you see a connection to a folder GenOSSrc? Could you please explain this in more detail?
    GenOSSrc sounds like this is the folder where the generic embOS stuff is in, but I guess you have embOS librarys, so you can say the GenOSSrc folder is included as a library in your project.

Normally it is no big deal to change the position of the project, just move the project file to any place you like, move the embOS files to any place, start the project and add again the embOS files to the project. You will have to change the include paths.

"Second question is, where can I find(files) a C-code with the stack
    pointer initialization for each ARM mode, FLASH/RAM initialization,
    exception and IRQ vectors initialization(usuually located at the
    beginning of FLASH ROM)? In standard ST projects this is placed in file
    91x_init.s and 91x_vect.s. If I wanted to change something, I need these files."

Please take a look in the /Setup folder, you should find there any file you need, I guess the embOS cpu specific documentation will also tell you more about that.