SAM-ICE version 8.0 JLINK USB Firmware update errored out can it be recovered in any way?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SAM-ICE version 8.0 JLINK USB Firmware update errored out can it be recovered in any way?

After downloading the latest J-Link tools I wanted GDB server my SAM-ICE USB J-Link adapter attempted a firmware update which reported errors and now won't even display as a USB device. Is there any way to recover this tool now?
  • Hi,

We are not aware of any problems with the firmware update.
    Could you please provide some additional information about the version number you used when the problem appeared?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Same problem here - J-link not working after attempted firmware upgrade

Sorry to say but the same thing has happened to me here. In this case it was with a j-link EDU 8.0 and the package that I installed was JLInkARM v434d. The first time that I plugged it in after updating the software, it said that a firmware upgrade was recoemmended. Things seemed to be going well but then it used up all 45 seconds and displayed a message about the emulator not re-enumerating. It does not do anything on the USB at all now.

George
  • Not a brick after all

An update: it seems that what was broken during the update process was the DLL. I tried an older J-link that had not been subject to the firmware update, and it also was not recognized. I rebooted windows (which hung at the shutdown prompt) and when it came back up everything was OK including the firmware update on the newer unit.