Is SWD with J-Link on Rowley possible?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is SWD with J-Link on Rowley possible?

I'm working with an LPC11U14 dev-board under Rowley for Win. When trying to connect using J-Link v4.34c, I get the message "J-Link 5.30 does not support SWD".
    J-Link Configuration util indicates Host and Emulator f/w date as Jul 30, 2008. I have tried the "Update firmware" button but it indicates the emulator firmware is up to date. Is there another upgrade method?

Regards.
  • Hi,

As the message indicates, J-Link with hardware version 5.30 does not support SWD.
    There is no later firmware that supports SWD since the firmware for hardware version V5.30 has been discontinued a long time ago.

In order to use SWD you need a J-Link with harwdare version 6 or higher. The current hardware version is V8.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.