Problem using dropdown and edit widget

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problem using dropdown and edit widget

Hi,

I have a menu displaying 2 widgets. The dropdown widget is just above the edit widget. When clicking on the edit widget, it shall pop up a number pad for data entry.

I have a situation that, when user is clicking on an item in the dropdown widget that happens to overlay on the edit widget, the dropdown list is collapsed (that's OK) but at the same time, the edit widget also activates the number pad.

The notification code used for the edit wigdet is WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED. I have tried workaround solution to use WM_NOTIFICATION_CLICKED instead. It does work on PC simulator but not on our target board (reason is unknown yet).

Or is there any way for the dropdown list to collapse only upon user releasing from the item selection instead? Currently, the dropdown list collapse immediately when user clicks on the item in the list.

Please help!
  • Hello Soonheng,
    I am facing a similar problem.
    I have a button underneath a dropdown list and when I select and item on the drop down list it performs a button click. Have you been able to find a solution for this?
    Thank you.
  • Hello Guys,

Please note that there is a function BUTTON_SetReactOnLevel() which makes BUTTON widgets react to release events only in case the pressed event happened on actual BUTTON widget.

Unfortunately we currently do not have such a function for the EDIT widget. We will discuss this and add an according function to the EDIT widget API.

Thank you for reporting that.

Best regards,
    Adrian