[SOLVED]Using FlasherArm in stand-alone mode with mulitple files.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Using FlasherArm in stand-alone mode with mulitple files.

Hello,

I am trying to use multiple .dat and .cfg files with FlasherArm for different devices and code versions. The FlasherArm will not work in stand-alone mode pointing to another .dat file without having the FLASHER.CFG file on the unit. If I point to another .CFG file in my flasher.ini file, it returns an error "failed to open config file." It won't work with any .cfg file other than one named FLASHER.CFG.
    In other words, renaming the .cfg file from flasher.cfg to flasher1.cfg returns the error, or any other name for that matter. I can point to another .dat file that is renamed something other than "flasher.dat" and it works fine; however, if the programmer will not except any other name other than Flasher.cfg, it is of no use and the "mulitple file support" is pointless, not having the ability to change the .cfg file in stand-alone mode.
    I haven't ruled out a defective unit, but never having used it in this mode before, perhaps there is something I am missing. Any assistance you can provide is appreciated. Thanks.
  • Beware that the .ini file is case-sensitve, unless you already knew that. I didn't because the documentation does not mention it. According to segger support-US, the file names are not case-sensitive, but the titles are (I found that out on my own). Namely:

DataFiles
    ConfigFiles

My 'L' in ConfigFiles was capitalized which is why the FlasherArm was reverting back to the Flasher.cfg instead of the new .cfg file. Evidently, it could not interpret the command. :wacko: Go figure.
  • Hello rway,

You are correct, currently the entries in the Flasher.ini file are case-sensitive, but this will be changed in the next beta version.
    For clarification:
    The naming of the two parameters in the ini file is
    ConfigFile and DataFile without 's' (see sample in UM08007, 2.2 Multiple File Support).

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.