[SOLVED]Using FlasherArm with RS-232 terminal communications

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Using FlasherArm with RS-232 terminal communications

I am trying to communicate and control the FlasherArm using the RS-232 commands. The #STATUS command seems to be the only thing that works with Hyper Terminal (It returns STATUS:READY). I can't get the FlasherArm to work with any of the programming commands (i.e. #AUTO, #PROGRAM etc.). It returns a #NACK indicating the command is invalid. Sometimes it will return an #ACK, but does nothing.
    The FlasherArm is in stand-alone mode, I believe, which is required for the RS-232 to work properly. From the software I did a "download to emulator." The sw indicated both the .dat and .cfg files had been downloaded successfully. As far as I know, this is the only step required to put the unit in stand-alone mode; although, pressing the button when connected to the DUT does not program the device either. So this makes me wonder if the unit is indeed in stand-alone mode and if I am perhaps missing a step. Any assistance you can provide is appreciated. Thanks.