Thursday, April 26th 2018, 6:57pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pdt_user

Beginner

Date of registration: Apr 14th 2011

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 9:20pm

OS_WakeTask( ) & OS_PutMailCond1( )

My setup: MSP430F5529 running at 25 MHz MCLK

embOS 3.82s

All:

I found that I had a probable "race" condition when I use a single-byte mailbox and follow up with OS_WakeTask in the interrupt service routine.

I also found that the OS_Delay( ) that I added to the front end of the Task (after the while...) was not as good as OS_Delayus( ).

So, what I have found is that my code runs very well with the following...

Inside of the interrupt service routine:

//-----------------------------------------------------

OS_EnterInterrupt();

msg = 1;

OS_PutMailCond1(&MBRX,&msg);

OS_WakeTask(&TCB...);

OS_LeaveInterrupt();

//---------------------------------------

Inside of the task being "awakened" -

static void xxxTask(void)
{
char i,InMsg;

// Clear all associated flags...
ClearAll();

while(1)
{
OS_Delayus(2000); // works better than OS_Delay(2);

Some questions:

1. Is there an actual "race" condition without adding the OS Delay? (It certainly seems like it - I can see differences in the way my code behaves.)

2. It also appears that OS_Delayus gives better "granularity" than OS_Delay. Is that true?

3. It also seems that I need to give enough time for the OS to process my message, and if I put too little delay, it definitely makes a difference.

4. My original code did not have the OS_WakeTask added, so I was processing interrupts a bit slower than I wanted, depending on the time at the end of

the task to determine when I would process an interrupt.

Using task events was not an option initially for this "ISR --> task" situation, but I may look into using it, especially if it seems like there is a race condition.

Thanks for any input you might have!

I can definitely say that embOS has been a beneficial part of my life on this product!

Regards,

Todd Anderson

pdt_user

Beginner

Date of registration: Apr 14th 2011

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 2:18pm

OS_WakeTask( ) & OS_PutMailCond1( )

I ended up moving away from this and using a Task Event instead. It turns out that I can go from ISR to executing inside of a task in under 20 Usec with a task event, and the Mailbox + WakeTask was taking Milliseconds.

Regards,

Todd Anderson