J-link Debugger under CrossStudio in Linux Ubuntu 10.04

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-link Debugger under CrossStudio in Linux Ubuntu 10.04

Hi there,

I am a first-time user here, I recently bought the J-link debugger and tried it with Rowley Crossworks IDE Cross Studio in Linux, It does not work, I wonder if J-link debugger is supported under linux with CrossStudio IDE?? I have checked with them, they said I need to ask you for compatibility issues.

Please help

Thanks
    Brad :)
  • Hi Brad,

I do not think that there is native J-Link Support for J-Link in Cross Studio on Linux. I think it has been implemented on the version version only.

I have checked with them, they said I need to ask you for compatibility issues.

If J-Link native support is requested, it depends on the debugger if J-Link is supported or not.
    In general, J-Link can be used on Linux and a Linux SDK is also available.
    If support via GDB is requested, the answer is always yes because our Linux package also comes with a GDB Server for Linux.
    But what did "they" say (I think you mean the people from Rowley)? Is J-Link in general supported in the Linux version of CrossStudio?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • J-link Debugger under CrossStudio in Linux Ubuntu 10.04

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply, indeed Rowley does not support J-link under Linux.
    if I would like to use J-link debugger under linux in the future, what would be the best way of doing it?
    i.e. how to set it up? with what IDE or SDK?

Thanks
    Brad :)
  • Hi Brad,

As I previously wrote, every GDB-based solution would work since our software package comes with a GDB Server for Linux.
    In general, most of the Linux users are using GDB-based debug solutions.
    The SDK is more interesting for debugger/IDE developers who want to implement J-Link native support for their IDE.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.