LPC3154

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi dude,
    I have j-link from Segger and would like to connect with LPC3154, but I cannot find related "jflash" file of "ProjectFiles" of Segger J-Flash ARM V4.26 program. Does j-link support LPC3154?

Regards,
    pak :)
  • Hi Pak,

as usual: J-Link supports any ARM7/9 core. And yes, the LPC3154 in general is supported.
    Regarding J-Flash: Currently there is no J-Flash sample project for the LPC3154 .
    The LPC3154 is also not listed in the selectable devices in J-Flash because it does not provide internal flash.

What are you trying to do? Do you want to program a external parallel NOR flash which is connected to the LPC3154 or something like serial flash, NAND flash, ...?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Alex,
    What are you trying to do? Do you want to program a external parallel NOR flash which is connected to the LPC3154 or something like serial flash, NAND flash, ...?
    Actually, I've lpcxpresso board and it has lpc-link (debugger) and target board (lpc1769). The lpc-link which uses lpc3154, so I try to connect with j-link. There is no on-chip flash memory but "192 kB embedded SRAM" for internal memory shown in the manual. Is it possible to use a dataflash (connected to SPI port of lpc3154) as on-chip memory? Can j-link detect the dataflash?

Best Regards,
    pak
  • Hi Pak,

yes, in general J-Flash is able to program a dataflash which is connected to the LPC3154,
    but this requires a custom RAMCode because the connection between device and
    data flash is different for each device and sometimes even different on each custom hardware (if there are multiple SPIs on the device).
    So there is no generic way for J-Flash to detect a dataflash.

There is no on-chip flash memory but "192 kB embedded SRAM" for internal memory shown in the manual.

Yes, but for writing the SRAM you do not need J-Flash.
    Moreover, J-Flash is a tool designed for flash programming but not for simply writing something into internal SRAM.
    Loading a bin file into the internal SRAM can be easily achieved by using J-Link Commander and the loadbin command.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.