TMS470 doesnt work after disconnecting J-link

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TMS470 doesnt work after disconnecting J-link

Hi guys,

My controller(TMS470) works well when i debug it, but it stops after i disconnect the debugger(J link) and the consumed current is much lower too . Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Someone suggested me to change debug mode to release mode, but nothing happened after changing. Thanks a lot

Rui

The post was edited 1 time, last by Possessed ().

• Hi Rui,

for clarification:
    If you debug your application with J-Link everything works fine.
    As soon as you want to run your application stand-alone (without Debugger & J-Link) it fails, correct?

Did you check if there are any macro files etc. configured in the workbench which are executed before / after the download of the application?
    Sounds like some initialization which is done by a macro file is missing in your target application, so it does not boot correctly when used stand-alone.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Rui,

Which IDE are you using ?
    If you are using IAR EWARM can you check if it is works if you disable any terminal output for example via commenting out any printf() or puts() calls ?

Best regards,
    Oliver
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.