[SOLVED] RE: Firmware downgrade?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RE: Firmware downgrade?

I'm using SAM-ICE with version J-link v3.96d software. I'm planning to upgrade J-link to v4.24c but as I'm working fine with v3.96d, I want to make sure that if the SAM-ICE 's firmware is upgraded by J-link v4.24c software, is it possible to revert back/downgrade back to using J-link v3.96d afterward?

Thanks so much for your help!
  • Hi,

the firmware of SAM-ICE can be downgraded if necessary, but usually this is not the right way if something does not work.
    Please let us know if you are encountering any problems since otherwise we do not have a chance to fix possible problems in the current firmware.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for your reply!

Understand but I can't afford to stop using SAM-ICE before finding a solution to fix. I would report the problem to SEGGER but before any solution is found, I've to downgrade back to a working version.

BTW, could you pls. kindly teach me how to downgrade the SAM-ICE firmware?

THX!
  • Hi,

the procedure is explained in UM08001, chapter "Background information", section "J-Link / J-Trace firmware".

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Downgrade Firmware

I would like to downgrade the firmware in my J-Link. I was running version 3.88 and updated to version 4.24d. I can no longer write the flash in my NXP LCP2387. When I tried running my debugger using the 3.88 version of the RDI after the firmware was updated by 4.24d, it would not connect the J-Link device.

Can you help me?

James
  • So Google can help answer the question

12.5.2 Invalidating the firmware
    Downdating J-Link / J-Trace is not performed automatically through an old
    JLinkARM.dll. J-Link / J-Trace will continue using its current, newer firmware when
    using older versions of the JLinkARM.dll.
    Note: Downdating J-Link / J-Trace is not recommended, you do it at your own
    risk!
    Note: Note also the firmware embedded in older versions of JLinkARM.dll might
    not execute properly with newer hardware versions.
    To downdate J-Link / J-Trace, you need to invalidate the current J-Link / J-Trace firmware,
    using the command

exec InvalidateFW