[SOLVED]Flasher STM8 not work on STM8S103K3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Flasher STM8 not work on STM8S103K3

Hello

I want to use Flasher STM8 as a standalone programer for STM8S103K3 but there have a problem that when I select

Unsecure chip, the error message show
    - ERROR: Failed to unlock chip (MASS unlocking failed)
    - ERROR: Failed to unsecure chip (removing read out protection failed)
    - ERROR: Failed to unsecure chip

Erase chip, the error message show
    - ERROR: Failed to check sector status for sector erase
    - ERROR: Failed to erase chip

Program, the error message show
    - ERROR: Programming failed @ addr 0x000000
    - ERROR: Failed to program target

I try on STM8S105K4 and STM8S208MB.
    The STM8S105K4 have a same problem but on STM8S208MB every thing is OK and standalone mode is work too.

What should I do?
  • RE: Flasher STM8 not work on STM8S103K3

Hello,

We have tried to reproduce the problems you are reporting using a STM8S103K3.
    To be able to give this case a deeper investigation we would need to get some more information about your current status:

- Do you use the latest SEGGER software for Flasher STM8 that is available (V1.06b at this moment) ?
    - When using the STM8 Commander, does it report that a target chip has been found "Found STM8 (xMHz)" ?
    - Are you able to read memory using the STM8 Commander by using the command "mem" ?

sompop wrote:

Program, the error message show
    - ERROR: Programming failed @ addr 0x000000
    - ERROR: Failed to program target

- Is your program linked to addr. 0x000000 ?
    - Can you add a Flasher STM8 project to your reply so we will be able to reproduce this problem the very same settings that you do ? This may contain dummy data files but helps to reproduce a reported problem as well.

Best regards,
    Oliver, SEGGER Flasher Support
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you, Oliver

I try both V1.05 and V1.06b, the result is not defferent.

Q: When using the STM8 Commander, does it report that a target chip has been found "Found STM8 (xMHz)" ?
    A: I think this is a problem, when connect to STM8S103K3, STM8 Commander don't have "Found STM8" message.
    While connect to STM8S208MB, STM8 Commander show "Found STM8 (8MHz)"
  • Hello, All

I found my problem. On my STM8S103 board, the Capacitor at NRST pin is 2.2uF ( Recommend by ST Field Application Engineer ) which is work with ST-LINK.
    Now, when I replace it with 100nF, evevy thing is OK.

Thank you All
  • Thank you for the update.
    Glad to hear that you found out the problem. Might help others here as well.

Closed.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.