simulator

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello everybody,

I am a newer with embOS. I have booked to buy a Kit and embOS license but it have to take 7 days until now.I want to research and simulate before it arrives.
    I search and see that C-SPY simulator is a tool come with IAR to simulate .Have anyone showed me better another or give me some experience about S-SPY simulator?
    I need a good PC simulator for embOS.Thanks in advance.Appreciate so much.
  • Hello,

if you just wants to get familiar with embOS (without hardware) the IAR C-Spy simulator is a good starting point.
    You could download an embOS ARM IAR trial version which comes with a start project for IAR simulator.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Til,

What can I do and see with the C-SPY simulator? I have downloaded " embOS trial for ARM7/9/XScale and IAR compiler" and done something following the attached document.
    I ran the "Start_IAR_Simulator.eww" in the embOS_ARM_IAR_V6_Trial_V382m\Start\BoardSupport\IAR_Simulator folder.I have been used some normal function in the IAR Spy Debugger without seeing any information in the Task list or Resource semaphore...? Did I do the right way? Can you make me more clearly about the ability of C-Spy,which can do with the embOS trial version before the official version arrive?
    Thanks a lots!
  • Hello,

if you bought an embOS licence you can get direct support from us via email, this should be easier for you.
    Please send us an email with your questions at support@segger.com.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.