image processing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• image processing

Hi everyone,
    I have just bought a developer board with Arm9 core(i.MX25).Now I want to use embOS for my purpose,which use this board and RTOS to process image.But after reading manual and searching, I don't know whether kernel of the embOS version 3.8.2 support for camera.I can ensure the Arm9 board I bought support the camera.So the last problem is the embOS.Everyone who has done it or had experience about embOS,please help me.I appreciate a lots.
    Thanks in advance!
  • Hello Jack,

embOS does not include code for peripherals like your camera.
    With embOS there is no need to write special device drivers like in Windows or Linux.
    You have to write the camera software part on your own.

Best regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Til,

You mean that embOS doesn't need to write a camera driver link in Window or Linux.Hence, what must I do so that embOS can connect to the external camera while I have no API supporting the video standard ?
    Please give me some detail methods to do that!
    Thanks you.
  • Hello Jack,

embOS cannot connect without additional software to a camera since embOS is only the realtime operating system.
    All software like the camera device driver is application side and therefore your own work.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.