JLink EDU vs J-LINK

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

no, there should not be a difference in speed between the regular J-Link and a J-Link EDU.
    In general, J-Link EDU is fully compatible to the regular J-Link, but may NOT be used to develop a product.

Terms of use:

You may use the J-Link EDU for non profit educational purposes only. Non-profit educational purposes means that you may not use the J-Link EDU and its J-Link software

* direct or indirect in or for a profit organization or business purposes or other undertaking intended for profit
    * direct or indirect in any other commercial environment (e.g. office)
    * to develop, debug, program or manufacturer a commercial product (or parts thereof)
    * to use it to either earn money or reasonably anticipate the receipt of monetary gain from it.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Alex wrote:

Hi,

no, there should not be a difference in speed between the regular J-Link and a J-Link EDU.
    In general, J-Link EDU is fully compatible to the regular J-Link, but may NOT be used to develop a product.

I am use J LINK EDU for educational purposes only, for porting Linux on my Pocket PC device.

Speed test of memory dump:
    Wiggler jtag(self assembled): 25 kbytes/s
    jlink edu: 12 kbytes/s

This result am not expected :)
  • Hi,

In your original post you wrote:
    There are exist difference in speed for J-LINK EDU and for J-LINK

Did you also test it with a J-Link? Ist the J-Link EDU slower?
    Which JTAG speed did you use when performing the memory read?
    Which CPU do you use? (Core, Chip name, Chip manufacturer).

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Alex wrote:

Did you also test it with a J-Link?

No, only EDU version

SEGGER - Alex wrote:

Which JTAG speed did you use when performing the memory read?

For J-LINK EDU 100-12000 Khz, for Wiggler 500 Khz.

SEGGER - Alex wrote:

Which CPU do you use? (Core, Chip name, Chip manufacturer).

Intel/Marvell PXA272. I known, you tell XScale is not supported, but, you promised this in 2008(!):

SEGGER - Rolf Friday, June 6th 2008, 12:17pm wrote:

XScale support is scheduled for later this year.

*i am use openocd server