[SOLVED]Can't change usb address of JLINK ARM V8

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Can't change usb address of JLINK ARM V8

I have tried to change the usb address of a JLINK ARM V8 with firmware from Dec 16 2010 20:21:29 and jlink software version 4.22a. I have another JLINK ARM-KS V5.2 and have no problem changing the usb address of that unit but can't change the usb address of the V8 JLINK.

I have read the manual and use the command "usbaddr = 1" in the jlink.exe software, unplug the device and plug it back in but the address doesn't change.

The date code on the JLINK is 10-46

Thanks
  • Hello,

I just verified that changing the USB adress on an J-Link works fine with the current release (V4.22a).
    At the time of the USB address change: Is the J-Link the only one which is connected to your PC?
    Which operating system do you use?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Can't change usb address of JLINK ARM V8

At the time of trying to change the usb address on the jlink it was the only jlink/jtrace on the system. I have another jlink (v5.2 kickstart from IAR) and a jtrace (v1.0 IAR) and both of these I can change the address on without any problem but the jlink(v8 IAR) I haven't been able to change the address on. So out of 3 units I can't change the address on only one of them. This is something that I can work around for now but in the future it could cause me problems so I would like to get this fixed if possible.

I am using Windows XP SP3 with jlink.exe version 4.22a.

This only seems to be the version 8 jlink from IAR that I can't change the address on. When I first plugged it in jlink.exe wanted to update the firmware in the unit and I allowed it to do so.
  • Hello cknight,

We have found the problem when trying to change the USB address via J-Link commander.
    It will be fixed in the next beta version (V4.23a).

But in general, we recommend to use the J-Link configurator (see attached screenshot) to change the J-Link enumeration type.
    The configurator comes with the J-Link software and documentation package.
    A detailed description how to use the J-Link configurator, can be found in UM08001, chapter "Setup", section "J-Link configurator".

The bug in the J-Link commander regarding the "usbaddr" command does not effect the functionality of the J-Link configurator.
    So, until the new version is going to be released, you can already use the J-Link configurator to configure your J-Links for USB address 0 - 3

Best regards
    Alex
    Images
    • JLinkConfigurator.gif

16.67 kB, 780×480, viewed 1,273 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.