Linker does not find System Functions (OS_*)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Linker does not find System Functions (OS_*)

Linker does not find System Functions (OS_*)
    Hi All,
    I am starting out with emBoS and am stuck at the outset. (I am also an IAR newbie)

Hardware:-
    Eval Board: STM3210E
    IAR Workbench IDE

Work Done:
    1) Downloaded the Sample Emboss Image from the website
    2) Followed the steps from the manual.
    3) Built the project

Observations:
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_DisableInt" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\Main_LED.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_InitKern" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\Main_LED.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_CreateTask_DP" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    Main_LED.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_Start" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\Main_LED.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_Delay" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\Main_LED.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_RestoreI" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    RTOSINIT_STM32F10.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_OnRx" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    RTOSINIT_STM32F10.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_OnTx" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    RTOSINIT_STM32F10.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_SwitchFromInt" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    RTOSINIT_STM32F10.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_EnableInt" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    RTOSINIT_STM32F10.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_Pending" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    RTOSINIT_STM32F10.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_Counters" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    RTOSINIT_STM32F10.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_InInt" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    RTOSINIT_STM32F10.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_HandleTick" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    RTOSINIT_STM32F10.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_Status" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\OS_Error.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "__program_start" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    stm32f10x_vector.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_Exception" [referenced from C:\Documents and Settings\02misrak38\My Documents\SEGGER\Start\Output\Debug\Obj\
    stm32f10x_vector.o]
    Error while running Linker

Any Ideas ?

I tried looking at Linker options. No Luck yet. Am currently reading the manual for the Nth time for something that I might have missed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

K
  • Hello,

the linker message reports that the embOS library is missing in your project. Since I guess you use one of our start projects th embOS library is already included in the project.
    Could you please let me know which embOS do you use? I guess it is embOS CM3 IAR? (Just tell me the filename of the downloaded file).
    Which IAR compiler version do you use?

If you like you can contact us directly (support@segger.com). I am sure that I can help you with the first steps with embOS and IAR.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,
    Thank you for the prompt reply. There was something wrong in my project configuration as I was able to get it to work and find the libraries. However, I am stuck since I have an older hardware rev JLink (version 3) and the SWD protocol is not supported. Can I not download the Embos image to the Board using JTAG instead ? I ask this since the 'choose JTAG' option is disabled in the Jlink options window in the IAR workbench project options.
    Thanks,

K
  • Hello,

yes, you can of course use JTAG insetad of SWD, I guess your JTAG/SWD option is disabled because Semihosted is enabled. Please have a look in the build settings in "General options" ->
    "Library Configuration" and set the "Library low-level interface implementation" to "None".

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.