J-Link ULTRA "firmware downgrade"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link ULTRA "firmware downgrade"

Hi,

right now I´m testing a new product with a CORTEX-M4 embedded using the J-Link ULTRA, but yesterday :wacko: I did a firmware update to the J-Link, unfortunately that upgrade crash my system and now is impossible to debug programs using the IAR embedded workbench.

So the question is: Is possible make a downgrade firmware of my J-Link ULTRA programmer?, if that is possible can you help me to do the downgrade?.

Old firmaware before the crash: "Tue Oct 12 12:41:47 2010: Firmware: J-Link ARM V8 compled May 20 2010 17:07:46 "

New firmware who did make the crash: "Tue Oct 12 12:48:06 2010: Firmware: J-Link ARM V8 compiled Oct 5 2010 08:59:59 "

Thanks by the borrowed time and your understanding.

Best regards,
    Rodolfo
  • Hello Rodolfo,

>>right now I´m testing a new product with a CORTEX-M4 embedded using the J-Link ULTRA,
    >>but yesterday :wacko: I did a firmware update to the J-Link, unfortunately that upgrade
    >>crash my system and now is impossible to debug programs using the IAR embedded workbench.

This should not happen. Can you please describe in more detail what goes wrong?
    What error messages do you get etc.?
    Moreover, could you please post a screenshot of JLink.exe when the J-Link is connected to the PC and the target is powered and connected to the J-Link?
    It should look similar to this one:
    <See attached picture>

Moreover, I am a bit confused regarding the firmware versions you posted.
    You wrote that you are using an ULTRA but the firmware string you posted are from a regular J-Link with hardware version 8.
    For the J-Link ULTRA, the firmware string should look like:
    J-Link Ultra Rev.1 compiled Sep 30 2010 13:13:36

Best regards
    Alex
    Images
    • JLinkCommander.jpg

28.9 kB, 668×331, viewed 2,061 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.