J-Trace M3 not enumerating

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Trace M3 not enumerating

Hi

I used my J-Trace about a week ago and all was fine. Today, I re-connected my J-Trace and now it does not even try to enumerate. Only the Power led is on. I tried different USB cables, other PC's - nothing! My J-Link is still working fine.

Could it be something to do with v4.20g that I installed? This was the first time that I connected my J-Trace to my PC after I installed v4.20g of the J-Link driver. But now it do not even want to try to enumerate on any PC, regardless of the J-Link driver.

Is this the end of my J-Trace? ;(

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Gawie
  • Hi Gawie,

we are not aware of this kind of problems with V4.20g
    Did you perform a firmware update after installing V4.20g?
    If yes, was the firmware update successful or was there any error output?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex

No, there was no firmware upgrade after I installed V4.20g. There was a fw upgarde early Sept (last month), but it worked fine afterwards.

I suspect that something went bad on the USB side as it does not even try to enumerate once connected - maybe some hardware fault ?( . But it is very funny - it was lying on my desk (unconnected) for about a week and when I connect it again, gone is the USB enumeration.

Any other suggestions or should I send it back for a replacement?

Regards,
    Gawie