Problems with embOS trial for Renesas RX and IAR Toolchain

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problems with embOS trial for Renesas RX and IAR Toolchain

Hello forum,

we're planning to use embOS for the Renesas RX and are currently evaluating different toolchains.
    While the embOS trial for RX and the HEW toolchain works fine, I'm having trouble with the IAR
    version.

I'm using the embOS trial for Renesas RX and IAR compiler v3.82b1 and the
    IAR Embedded Workbench for Renesas RX v2.10.

The rtos*.r54 libs provided with the embOS trial cannot be read by the IAR linker.
    Since the embOS trial was apparently made for some older version of IAR (according to the release notes)
    I assume that this might be the cause of the problem.

Has anyone already successfully used this combination? If not, is there any chance to get an updated
    version of the embOS trial anytime soon?

Thanks,
    Tobias
  • Hello Tobi,

latest version of embOS RX IAR V3.82i was made with and for IAR RX V2.10A. This new version is now available on our website.
    Could you please download this latest embOS trial version? This latest version will work without any problem with your compiler version.
    If you still have any problems please let me know.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.