[SOLVED]pb flasher stm8

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]pb flasher stm8

with device STM8S207R6, when the sectors of the target are locked , I can't programming with the flasher in standalone mode.

the option "automatically unlock sectors" is selected.

I use the software v1.00h

thank
  • Hello joubin,

To be able to reproduce your problem we need some more information:

- Are you trying to program option bytes ?
    - If you are trying to program option bytes which values do you try to program ? (most important the first 16 bytes)
    - Is the target secured by read out protection or does it use user boot code area ?
    - What option do you use for AUTO programming ? (can be found in menu "Options->Project settings..." in tab production)

Regards,
    Oliver
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • HELLO

I want reprogramming the same option byte AA 03 ... (with read out protection)

the µc of the target have already the same option byte

for AUTO programming I select the cases Programm and Verify

when I program the target , I have the message programming failed @ adr 0x004800

with old flasher ST7, the same operation was possible (with ST7lite29 or ST7F324)

regards
  • Hello joubin,

For reprogramming a target which is read out protected or for a target you do not know it is recommended
    to set the "Unsecure chip" option for AUTO programming.

I recommend you to use the latest beta available from the following location:
    segger.com/cms/flasher-stm8-beta-software-version.html

This might help you as well if you run into trouble with read out protection as the beta uses a new
    connect sequence and completely revised flash algorithm.

Regards,
    Oliver
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.