[ANSWERED/SOLVED]jlink 4.14b Unsecure chip invalid

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ANSWERED/SOLVED]jlink 4.14b Unsecure chip invalid

I installed the j-link arm 4.14b. I used the j-flash arm and programmed an Atmel at91sam7se512. I tried the Secure chip, unfortunately the target can not be connected whereafter. I want to unsecure the chip, however the Unsecure chip under Target is invalid. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Tks,

cypress
  • Hi Cypress,

unfortunately, unsecuring an Atmel SAM7 device via JTAG is not possible, since "secure chip"
    sets the security bit of the MCU which also disables the JTAG interface.
    In order to unsecure the chip, you need to set the ERASE pin of the MCU to HIGH for more than 220ms.
    On the 128-lead LQFP package the ERASE pin is pin no. 75. Setting this pin HIGH,
    erases the content of the internal flash memory and also erases the security bit.
    After unsecuring a power-on reset is required.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.