Problems with in-application programming of ST9 CPU

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problems with in-application programming of ST9 CPU

Hi All!

I have problems with in-application programming of ST9 CPU using the Flasher 5 programmer unit.
    I connected Flaher 5 to the target board according to the instructions in the UM05001_Flasher5.pdf manual.
    When I try any of the target operations ( blank check, verify, clear, program, read memory ), I keep on getting "Error 75 - RAMCode does not work" error messages.
    I've done a few tests to clear the situation and I'm afraid the RAM code that Flasher 5 sends to the ST9 CPU does not contain a proper code for my target!
    Please give me an advice how can I get any further?
    Are there more than one RAM code versions available that I could try ( I think it's inside the FW530.mot firmware file )?
    Is it possible to customize the RAM code somehow?

Some more information about my tests:

My target processor is ST92V124 VLT6.
    My target board is a commercially available microcontroller unit for alarm systems ( DSC PC1864 )
    When I connect Flaher 5 and target properly, for any of the target operations I get:
    Error 75 - RAMCode does not work
    When I disconnect SOUT signal, for any of the target operations I get:
    Error 70 - Illegal start byte received
    When I disconnect TxCLK signal, for any of the target operations I get:
    Error 71 - No start byte received
    When I disconnect SIN signal, for any of the target operations I get:
    Error 74 - RAMCode does not respond after start byte
    When I disconnect RxCLK signal, for any of the target operations I get:
    Error 74 - RAMCode does not respond after start byte

Thanks

Miklos Jurisits
  • I know its a very old thread but I have just got a Flasher 5 and I am experiencing the same error (Ramcode does not work) with ST92F120V1Q (they are on Ford radio PCB's). On another Ford radio PCB with a ST92F250 it reads the flash ok.