MAKE TRANSPARENT IMAGE BLINKING

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MAKE TRANSPARENT IMAGE BLINKING

Hello
      i have an IMAGE widget containing a PNG file. I want to have this image with transparency and make it blink (sometimes we see the balckground trough this image, and sometime we only see the baclground)

1) I created the image in the frame with :
      { IMAGE_CreateIndirect, "DLC_not_active", ID_IMAGE_DLC_NO_ACTIVE_3, 13, 9, 241, 174, WM_CF_SHOW, IMAGE_CF_MEMDEV | IMAGE_CF_ALPHA, 0 },

2) i set png file to this widget :
      case WM_INIT_DIALOG:

hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(hWin, ID_IMAGE_DLC_NO_ACTIVE_3);
      WM_SetCallback(hItem, _cbDLC_not_active2);
      IMAGE_SetPNG(hItem, &_acImage_DLC_not_active_transparent, sizeof(_acImage_DLC_not_active_transparent));

3) in the call back i call GUI_PNG_Draw :
      case WM_PAINT:
      GUI_EnableAlpha(1);
      if (DLG_Load_menu_hide_show == 1)
      GUI_PNG_Draw(&_acImage_DLC_not_active_transparent, sizeof(_acImage_DLC_not_active_transparent), 0, 0);
      GUI_EnableAlpha(0);

4) on timer event i call WM_HideWindow/WM_ShowWin
      if (DLG_Load_menu_hide_show == 0)
      {
      WM_HideWindow(hItem);
      DLG_Load_menu_hide_show = 1;

}
      else
      {
      WM_ShowWin(hItem);
      DLG_Load_menu_hide_show = 0;
      }

The problem is that i can't make the image blinking (make it disapear)
      It seems that with a bitmap i don't have this problem (i don't need the call back and the blinking is OK)

A) How can i make the image disapear ?

B)It seems that the PNG image has contains transparency information to display it with transparency : can we diplay a non transparent PNG image in a IMAGE WIDGET with transparency ?

Thanks
      best regards
    • Hi,

Attached is an example which shows three different ways of letting an image blink.

The first way is to create a dialog with an IMAGE widget and just hide/show the IMAGE widget each time a timer expires.

The second is more or less the same but without a dialog. The IMAGE widget gets created as child of the desktop window.

The third way is creating a simple window and manage drawing of the PNG in the callback.

A) How can i make the image disapear ?
      See above. I guess the easiest way is to hide/show the IMAGE widget. No need to overwrite a callback.

B)It seems that the PNG image has contains transparency information to
      display it with transparency : can we diplay a non transparent PNG image
      in a IMAGE WIDGET with transparency ?
      Of course, there is no difference in how the PNG gets displayed.

There is no need to use GUI_EnableAlpha(). You should try to avoid this because it can have a big impact on the performance.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,
      Yes, you couldn't. I forgot to attach the file.
      Regards,
      Sven
      Files
      • BlinkImage.zip

(8.91 kB, downloaded 262 times, last: )
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.