[SOLVED] armv8 / iMX8M Support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] armv8 / iMX8M Support

Hi

as iMX8M armv8 boards are out for some time I'm looking for J-Link support. As a long time J-Link user I like to stay before looking into alternatives, but we need a reliable message when this will be available. I've reading about some activity in 2017 but cannot see it in the supported list nor any update about ETA of armv8 support. Please give us some info.

Best
    Rolf
  • Hello Rolf,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Current schedule for a release is start of Q3 2018.
    A beta will probably we available sometime next month.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Rolf,

Yes, the beta will be publicly available.
    You can subscribe to our J-Link software notification list here: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

Will the upgrade for free?

It will be free for all current high end J-Link/J-Trace debug probes of J-Link Ultra+ or higher.

Current lower end J-Link probes will not be supported due to hardware limitations.
    An overview can be found on our website: segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/models/model-overview/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.