[SOLVED] [Ozone] Bug: re-loading elf file looses attached commands to a bkpt

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] [Ozone] Bug: re-loading elf file looses attached commands to a bkpt

Ozone 2.56.12 .

You have set & attached commands to a bkpt in your project with Break.SetOnSrc, and Break.SetCommand. This works on project load.

If elf file been re-built, and Ozone asks you if you want to reload it and you do, the command for the bkpt is lost and you have to re-load the project.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The reported behaviour is intended. When Ozone asks to reload the program file it will only reload that, the elf file and not the Ozone project.
    So OnProjectLoad does not get executed a second time and no BP is set.
    If you want OnProjectLoad to be triggered the actual project must be reloaded and not just the elf file.
    We will see if we can improve the pop up messages to make this behaviour more clear.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I think, the problem here is that it's lost the original break point which was set originally when project was loaded , before elf update.

Why would one want to loose any setting at all just because the binary was re-built? IMHO it's not correct to loose any break points, or any actions attached to them..
  • Hello,

The information is lost because the whole output and source files might have changed in the meantime which could lead to breakpoints set to unwanted sections.
    To avoid this BPs are cleared after a rebuild. There are currently no plans to change this behaviour as it is expected by the majority of our customers.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I see,

But it is a little odd, as I don't think I ever saw other such tool which would loose these breakpoints.

Say Eclipse : I don't see it loosing any break points, especially those that are not affected. (Say, break point at line 10 in main still stays at line 10 after any number of rebuilds ... )

Thanks
  • v01d wrote:

But it is a little odd, as I don't think I ever saw other such tool which would loose these breakpoints.

IAR seem to try to keep it, Green Hills in the default setting would clear all breakpoints.
    In some situations it may look a easy, in others it may be very hard for a program: function renamed and line moved,
    or code moved unchanged to a sub function.