[SOLVED] J link RTT compilation problem.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J link RTT compilation problem.

Hey,
    I add 4 files(SEGGER_RTT.c , SEGGER_RTT.h , SEGGER_RTT_Conf.h, SEGGER_RTT_printf.c ) used by RTT to IAR workbench workspace , and I get
    compilation error in SEGGER_RTT.c file in 1299 line.
    Error[Pe513]: a value of type "struct *" cannot be assigned an entity of type "struct *"

I dont use yet any of functions deliverd by RTT api. Problem is in factory file.

I am using 6.32 RTT version

Do you have a hint for my?

The post was edited 2 times, last by terminataor ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Which IAR version are you using?
    Did you include the .h files as well as the .c files?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • 6.32 rtt has problem

compiling SEGGER_RTT.c...
    ..\Drivers\RTT\SEGGER_RTT.c(1299): error: #513: a value of type "SEGGER_RTT_BUFFER_UP *" cannot be assigned to an entity of type "SEGGER_RTT_BUFFER_DOWN *"
    pRing = &_SEGGER_RTT.aUp[BufferIndex];

Should (SEGGER_RTT_BUFFER_DOWN *) be (SEGGER_RTT_BUFFER_UP *)?
  • Hello,

The issue was reproducible.
    The current workaround is to change type SEGGER_RTT_BUFFER_DOWN to SEGGER_RTT_BUFFER_UP in function SEGGER_RTT_HasDataUp for variable pRing.
    A fixed release is planned for this week.
    Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.