[SOLVED] set up emacs-style key bindings?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] set up emacs-style key bindings?

I've recently switched to Embedded Studio, and there are many things to like about it.

One thing that still tripping me up, though: I've been editing using Emacs-style key bindings since the Pleistocene epoch (give or take), and it's hard for me to give that up. Is there a way to install a "standard" set of Emacs style key bindings (CTRL-A for beginning of line, CTRL-E for end of line, etc...)?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Some generic menu hotkey bindings can be configured in the Studio Folder in the keyboard.xml file.
    However editor specific shortcuts like you describe are currently not changeable.
    This feature request is currently on our Embedded Studio wish list and will be implemented in future.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.