Creating a window on top of another existing window

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Creating a window on top of another existing window

I have one main window. on press of one button new window should be created which is not completely covering the main window area and again on press of slave window main window should be created without altering the properties of main window, to create that second
      window i have 3 options
      1. create a child window of the main window
      2. create a complete new window
      3. hiding main window and creating window

I tried child window mechanism but in that i am facing some difficulties so I think creating a fresh new window will be a good option. need your suggestion on this.
    • Hi,

Simply use WM_CreateWindow() to create a window.

1. create a child window of the main window
      Call WM_CreateWindow() with the handle of the main window as parent. The new window will be placed inside of the main window with the given coordinates relative to the parent.

Call WM_DeleteWindow() with the handle of the main window and call WM_CreateWindow() afterwards to create a new window.

3. hiding main window and creating window
      Call WM_HideWindow() to hide a window (it is not deleted, just hidden). Call WM_CreateWindow() to create a new window (do not pass the hidden window as parent, otherwise the new window will be hidden, too).

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • SEGGER - Schoenen wrote:

Hi,

Simply use WM_CreateWindow() to create a window.
      Call WM_DeleteWindow() with the handle of the main window and call WM_CreateWindow() afterwards to create a new window.
      Regards,
      Sven

SEGGER - Schoenen wrote:

Hi Thanks but if in second case I am not deleting the window and creating(Because i don't want to loose the properties of the main window when i will come back ) will it be a problem?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kusum Swarankar ().