[SOLVED] Revert LPC-Link-2 board to factory state after J-Link LITE programming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Revert LPC-Link-2 board to factory state after J-Link LITE programming

Hello,

I own a LPC-Link-2 probe that initially enumerate on USB bus in DFU mode with the following information:

idVendor=1fc9, idProduct=000c
    Product: LPC
    Manufacturer: NXP
    SerialNumber: ABCD

After executing the procedure to makes the LPC-Link 2 compatible with J-Link LITE described here:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…other-j-links/lpc-link-2/

Now the LPC-Link-2 probe enumerate on the USB bus in the DFU mode with the following information:

idVendor=1366, idProduct=0101
    Product: J-Link
    Manufacturer: SEGGER
    SerialNumber: 000611000000

This make the LPC-Link-2 probe unable to work with the LPCScrypt application: the probe in not even detected into the LPCScrypt boot procedure.

How can I revert the LPC-Link-2 to his factory state, enumerating LPC, NPX and ABCD in the DFU mode ?

Best Regards.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such issues are not known to us.
    Which evalboard with the LPC Link-2 did you convert?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Jcdr,

Thank you for clarification.
    Generally it is possible to revert the LPC-Link FW with the LPCScrypt tool.
    Unfortunately this tool is not maintained by us so we are not allowed to give reversion instructions.
    We suggest contacting NXP in that regard.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello Nino,

LPCScrypt is based on the open source dfu-util ( dfu-util.sourceforge.net/ ) and is only able to program DFU compliant device. I have tried to modify LPCScrypt to match the new enumeration, and I have tried to use official dfu-util. The result of my finding is that with the SEGGER J-Link Lite firmware, my LPC-Link-2 board not only changed it enumeration but is not DFU compliant anymore, even if booted without the JP1.

So there is no point is telling me to use a DFU loader like LPCScrypt on a now non DFU compliant device. SEGGER seem to use an other protocol than DFU and only SEGGER know how to load a new firmware.

Best Regards.
    Jcdr
  • Hello Jcdr,

Attached are two screenshots showing a successful conversion from LPC-Link2->J-Link->LPC-Link2.
    Hardware used: NPX LPCXpreesso LPC-Link 2.
    Software used LPCScrypt v1.8.2.
    The firmware and scripts shipped with that tool are sufficient to do exactly that.
    There is no "incompatibility" with any of our provided software.

So there is no point is telling me to use a DFU loader like LPCScrypt on a now non DFU compliant device. SEGGER seem to use an other protocol than DFU and only SEGGER know how to load a new firmware.

This is not correct. See attached screenshots.
    For further instructions get in contact with NXP.

This thread will be marked as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Images
    • JLinkFW.png

14.18 kB, 669×403, viewed 459 times
    • Reverted_FW.png

10.14 kB, 536×403, viewed 386 times