[ABANDONED] Update of UM08030 (J-Link GDB Server Thread Awareness SDK)?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Update of UM08030 (J-Link GDB Server Thread Awareness SDK)?

I have the version 1.0 of the "J-Link GDB ServerThread Awareness SDK
    " (UM08030) from June 17, 2016. However, since then j-link has gained support for RISC-V (great!). Is there a new version of this SDK available, or is there a planned release? After some experiments I have figured out some things but some questions remain. For example,it seems that I can't publish all the registers through RTOS_GetThreadRegList() since there seems to be too much data.

Also, I think that this function is hard to implement for use on RISC-V since the RISC-V ABI defines register x3 to be a global pointer, which therefore should be read directly from the CPU since a thread probably don't have its own copy of it. However, RTOS_GetThreadRegList() can't mark specific registers to be read directly by the GDB server, it's all or nothing. I could of course provide the value in the implementation if I could read CPU registers from my code, but I can't seem to find any support for that in this SDK.

So the question is, is there an updated "J-Link GDB Server Thread Awareness SDK"?
  • Hello Johan,

an RTOS in general might leave registers untouched when switching to another task, so having access to CPU registers is a good idea.
    We will add functions for reading/writing CPU registers to the GDB_API structure in the GDB server and then update the SDK.

Regards
    Arne
  • Great!

How are new releases for this SDK distributed, since the package is not as openly distributed as the j-link software itself? Do I have to poll the software download page and re-apply when there is a new release, or will I automatically receive a notice when it is available?

/Johan