[SOLVED] J-Link and System Workbench for STM32

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link and System Workbench for STM32

Hi,

I have problems debugging the STM32F779I-EVAL board using System Workbench for STM32 (Eclipse) and J-Link.

I can program the target from Eclipse and run the simple GPIO program just fine. But when I try to debug the same program, I am stuck in the Reset_Handler at address 0x08000f1d. Every time I single step, Eclipse breaks at that address. If I then remove all breakpoints and then choose to run, the program executes just fine. If I then enable the breakpoint in my main while loop, program breaks in the Reset_Handler.

I have also tried to convert the onboard ST Link to J-Link but same result.

Any ideas what is going on?

Same program can be debugged with the build in ST Link
    and Eclipse without problems.

/Ulrich
  • Hello Ulrich,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Please understand that we can't give support for System Workbench and the Eclipse Plugin as both are not maintained by us.
    From J-Link perspective the debug probe only does what the IDE requests from it.
    So the issue is most likely related to how the IDE handles J-Link and not J-Link itself.

Did you follow our recommended setup steps for System Workbench? segger.com/products/debug-prob…stem-workbench-for-stm32/

For reference, does the issue appear with our IDE Embedded Studio as well?
    For evaluation it can be used for free: segger.com/products/development-tools/embedded-studio/

Simply create a example project using the project wizard and see if the issue is reproducible with Embedded Studio.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.