[SOLVED] iMX6UL - DDR initialization for u-boot

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] iMX6UL - DDR initialization for u-boot

I'd like to use a JLink Pro to debug U-boot on the iMX6UL, but DDR needs to be initialized first.

Does SEGGER provide scripts for initialization of DDR on the iMX6ULEVK platform? Or example scripts for some iMX6 platform that can be tailored for the EVK?

Otherwise, is there another recommended procedure for loading U-boot via JTAG?
  • I came up with the attached script for JLink.exe. After running the script, it allows writing U-boot to DDR address x87800000 with this command:

Source Code

1. loadbin u-boot.bin 87800000

"verifybin" returns successful.

But after issuing "go", u-boot isn't working properly (no console output). I assume something is still missing or incorrect from the initialization. In particular I'm not sure about the "wreg r13 93ff20" command. I stole that from another forum post. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Files
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Does SEGGER provide scripts for initialization of DDR on the iMX6ULEVK platform? Or example scripts for some iMX6 platform that can be tailored for the EVK?

We do not provide example scripts for device specific peripheral or memory initialization.
    As user v01d correctly suggested we recommend contacting NXP in this case.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this thread now as solved.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.