[SOLVED] Jlink commander config script

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink commander config script

Hi,

I am using a jlink plus to bring up a new board. I need to do some unlocking for the at49bv320d flash chip - which I need to do in a script.

I have written a script which works, I have it in a script file and put it in the script file in the control panel gui. Great.

The next time I start jlink commander it no longer has the script file in the control panel - how do I make the script permanent so it is always there on start up?

Thanks, Steven
  • Hello Steven,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    You can either use one of these methods: wiki.segger.com/Using_J-Link_Script_Files
    Or in case of J-Link Commander you can use the command line options on startup e.g. JLink.exe -JLinkScriptFile example.JLinkScript

If you want to use the script file with all tools anyways you can add it permanently to the device name. So each time that device gets selected the script file gets loaded.
    For this add it to the /Devices folder in the J-Link install directory.
    Next open the JLinkDevices.xml and add your device like the others and specify the script file.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.