[SOLVED] JlinkSWOViewerCL is not working

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JlinkSWOViewerCL is not working

JLinkSWOViewer.exe work normal, and everything is perfect.

I want to do some automation test, so i used the commad line interface JlinkSWOViewerCL.exe

and run with bellow commands:

JLinkSWOViewerCL.exe -device LPC54608J512

The output:

Brainfuck Source Code

1. ************************************************************* SEGGER Microcontroller GmbH ** Solutions for real time microcontroller applications ************************************************************** ** (c) 2012 - 2017 SEGGER Microcontroller GmbH ** ** www.segger.com Support: support@segger.com ** ************************************************************** ** SEGGER J-Link SWO Viewer Compiled Apr 13 2018 14:46:06 ** *************************************************************
    2. ------------------------------------------------------------Usage: In the configuration dialog enter the target CPU frequency or the target device name. SWO Viewer can show data from stimulus ports 1 to 16. 0 - 9 and a - f keys toggle display of stimulus port data. Ctrl-C and any other key closes SWO Viewer------------------------------------------------------------
    3. .Target CPU (LPC54608J512) is running @ 11998 kHz.Receiving SWO data @ 0 kHz.Showing data from stimulus port(s): 0-----------------------------------------------

No matter how i pass the option "-swofreq", the "Receiving SWO data @ 0 kHz." not changed. I
    I used jlink 6.30f beta version, and also used the stable version. all not working.
    Bug?
    Does anybody know about this???
    Thanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Haly ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Are you using custom hardware or an eval board?
    Does SWO output work with the non CL version of SWOViewer?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • The board is NXP-lpcxpresso54608.

JLinkSWOViewer.exe it is ok.

Also tried with Jlink.exe

>> SWOVIEW 12000000

It automatic compute the swofrequece is 6mhz. But in my application require 4mhz.
    I don't know how to change that.
  • Hello,

The board is NXP-lpcxpresso54608.

Ok great, we have the same board in house. Could you provide us with an example application to program to it for reproduction?
    A hex or bin file would be sufficient.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

Attachment is an application will print "hello_world" in SWOViewer when you press sw2 button.

This application does not trigger any SWO output.
    Make sure that you don't reconfigure any SWO related registers that are not device specific. Everything else is will be set by J-Link correctly.
    If you change Coresight register values afterwards with your application SWO will not work.
    All device specific inits can be passed through a J-Link scriptfile.
    More information can be found in the J-Link user manual.

Such a Script File will be shipped with future J-Link software versions so LPC54608 runs out-of-the-box.
    As you are working for NXP make sure that for future requests like this to get in touch with us per e-mail. This is not a support forum so there is no guarantee that you will receive an answer from us here.

More information about this can be found in the forum rules or in my signature.

Seems the JlinkSWOViewerCL.exe support set swo freq automatically only, -swofreq not work, please confirm if this behavior is expected or not, thanks!

-swofreq is supported in JLINKSWOViewerCL as well. How does your command line look like?

EDIT: LPC54608J512 native SWO support has been fixed with J-Link software V6.32d.

Best regards,
    Nino