Programming Option Bytes with Segger Flasher ARM

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Programming Option Bytes with Segger Flasher ARM

Hello,

I am having a hard time programming the option bytes of a STM205RG with the Segger Flasher ARM in standalone mode.
    I am trying to set the BOR level and this works fine, when I am using Keil uVision and the hex file it creates, containing the 16 byte of data, starting at address 0x1FFFC000.

But I am unable to create a J-Flash project that can program that bytes. I first tried to plain and simple use the hex from uVision and add a second memory bank, but this did not work. I then read about the exit steps and how to activate the read out protection. And now I am using the examples from the Segger Wiki and trying to adapt them, but I cannot get it to work.

Is there any example for activating the BOR level in standalone mode?
  • Hello,

EDIT: Programming option bytes through exit steps in standalone mode *IS* supported.

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Programming option bytes in stand alone mode is currently not supported.
    We will discuss this internally and see if it can be implemented in future.

Is programming the option bytes working when doing it directly with J-Flash?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for your response!

This is bad, because we need it for 3rd party firmware, which cannot be changed to set the bytes by software.

When using J-Flash directly, using the hex-file with the application and option bytes, I get the following errors when I try to erase/program the device.

Brainfuck Source Code

1. ---------------------------
    2. J-Flash V6.18 Error
    3. ---------------------------
    4. Could not find CFI compliant flash device
    5. Failed to erase sectors
    6. ---------------------------
    7. OK
    8. ---------------------------

Brainfuck Source Code

1. ---------------------------
    2. J-Flash V6.18 Error
    3. ---------------------------
    4. Could not find CFI compliant flash device
    5. Failed to program target
    6. ---------------------------
    7. OK
    8. ---------------------------

This is the part of the log dealing with this.

- Start of determining flash info (Bank 1 @ 0x1FFFC000)
    - ERROR: Could not find CFI compliant flash device
    - Error while determining flash info (Bank 1 @ 0x1FFFC000)
    - End of determining flash info
    - Flash bank info:
    - 1 * 3670032 KB @ 0x1FFFC000
    - ERROR: Failed to program and verify target

The post was edited 4 times, last by cellcon ().

• Hello,

you seem to be using a rather old J-Flash software version. We recommend to try using the most recent one as there have been many improvements to our software in the meantime.
    Does updating J-Flash resolve the described issue?
    Could you attach your J-Flash project for verification?

EDIT: Programming option bytes through exit steps in standalone mode *IS* supported. Sorry for spreading wrong information before.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.