Thursday, April 26th 2018, 9:37am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Julian

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 15th 2018

Tuesday, April 10th 2018, 4:33pm

Unable to Secure chip on a EFM32LG

I use the J-Link Flasher ARM in stand-alone mode like in UM08022 descriped. I use the "#AUTO" command via ethernet.

For me it is important to deactivate the read access after flashing the firmware. But in the stand-alone mode the flasher don't activates the lock bits.

If I test my config in the J-Flash tool with "Production Programming" everything works fine, but with the result cfg and dat file the securing works not.

Alternatively I try to set the byte by myself with the "Exit steps" options, same behavior. In the tool and via J-Link Terminal it is no problem.

It seems so that the #AUTO command stops always after verifying.

SEGGER - Nino

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Friday, April 13th 2018, 4:58pm

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Autosecuring a device through the production programming option in standalone mode is currently not supported.
We are looking to add this feature for future J-Flash versions.
However you can do this by executing the necessary secure steps through the exit steps as you have tried.

The sequence you are using is incorrect. A project with the correct secure steps for that particular device is attached.
Does that solve the issue?

Best regards,
Nino
SEGGER - Nino has attached the following file:
Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purposes is user to user interaction.
Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
Should you be entitled to support contact us per e-mail.
The following contact form can be used for this: https://www.segger.com/about-us/contact-us/