Fill circle with a border

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fill circle with a border

Is it possible? It seems GUI_SetPenSize() doesn't affect GUI_DrawCircle(), GUI_DrawEllipse() draws only the border without filling the inside and GUI_FillEllipse() fills the ellipse/circle without any border.

I can't allocate a Memory Device, so I have flickering if I call GUI_FillCircle() two times.
    • Hi,

I would have suggested to cal GUI_FillCircle() twice...

You say you don't have enough memory for a memory device, but there are other ways (depending on the driver) which can be used. Unfortunately, these solution require some memory, too.

Which driver are you using?

With the GUIDRV_Lin you can use multi buffering (of course this requires a lot of memory).

If you are using the GUIDRV_FlexColor driver you could use a cached version of the driver.

Almost all the other driver offer a cahced version, too.

If you are to short on RAM to use one of the solutions above you can still use a bitmap to draw such a circle/ellipse, but this will require some ROM. You might try different formats (use the Bitmap Converter to reduce the amount of colors) depending on your requirements.

Regards
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • If I'm not wrong, a Memory Device memory requirements are lighter than an entire data cache for the driver.

I'm using FlexColor driver without cache.

I know I can create a bitmap, however I don't have enough space in ROM too :(

I think you should improve GUI_FillCircle(), maybe creating a new GUI_FillCircle_Ex(), that should take into account the pen size.